Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interline E-tkting with AA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2003, 8:45 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Westcoaster:
RASMguy (Random Access...something?) ?</font>
RASM = Revenue per Available Seat Mile. Not to be confused with his sibling CASM.

Good news about the elimination of the 4 segment restriction on e-ticketing. Those paper tickets were most annoying.

Old Feb 13, 2003, 9:30 am
Original Poster

CASMguy is my EVIL twin...we really hate him around here!
Old Feb 13, 2003, 10:16 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Being a math person, I'm tempted to ask how RASM and CASM (assuming C stands for Cost)are calculated and used, but our new moderator might not appreciate me going off on a tangent any more than I already have.

And thanks, Webtraveler, for the info on codeshares.
Old Feb 14, 2003, 7:58 am

Programs: AS MVP, DL Silv
Along the lines of flying AA flights w/ AS codeshare designation... I assume the AA flights (w/ AS coding) would count toward AS (vs. partner airlines) miles for MVP status?

&lt;b&gt;Westcoaster&lt;/b&gt;, CASM/RASM sounds like a great new topic to me!

------------------
-Steve
Old Feb 14, 2003, 9:57 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 75, Starwood Gold, Virgin Gold
It's my understanding that the 'type' of miles is dependant on the metal, rather than the flight number.
Old Feb 14, 2003, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hsum:
It's my understanding that the 'type' of miles is dependant on the metal, rather than the flight number.</font>
hsum is correct - AS codes flown on AA metal get dumped into the partner mile bucket for purposes of MVP qualification.
Old Feb 14, 2003, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

RASMguy - I'm still not able to pull up any AA flights on alaskaair.com between SFO and LAX. I am, however, able to get other AA flights on the alaskaair.com site. Do you know if it will ever be possible to buy SFO-LAX (without flying the single AS flight each day) on alaskaair.com? It'd be nice to be able to get that 1000 mile bonus for buying codeshare flights.

Rjque (oh how I wish AS had better service between the Bay Area and SoCal)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.