Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Posting miles to AS after making AA status.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2003, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador

I have another post going on the AA FT forum. Has anyone here after making status on AA posted flights to AS? I'm interested in others experiences. Do I need to fly a certain number of miles on AS metal versus AA metal to make status? Any thoughts appreciated. I like AS service up and down the west coast. Thanks
Old Feb 11, 2003, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
AS status on AS miles alone is MVP 15K / MVP Gold 35K (with accural for paid F bonus). If you "taint" this with miles from any other airline, its MVP 25K / Gold 50K (unless you fly the above-described minimums on AS).
Old Feb 11, 2003, 11:57 pm

AS status on AS miles alone is MVP 15K / MVP Gold 35K (with accural for paid F bonus). If you "taint" this with miles from any other airline, its MVP 25K / Gold 50K (unless you fly the above-described minimums on AS).

I thought it was 25,000 "actual flown" AS miles or a combo of 50,000 any partners and/or AS "actual flown" miles.
Old Feb 12, 2003, 12:28 am

Programs: AS MVP, DL Silv
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by thissucks:
I thought it was 25,000 "actual flown" AS miles or a combo of 50,000 any partners and/or AS "actual flown" miles.</font>
15k/35k true AS/QX. See http://www.alaskaair.com/mileageplan/MVPStatus.asp
Old Feb 12, 2003, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Thanks
Old Feb 12, 2003, 9:31 am

Programs: UA1K, AAPlat, SPG-G
On the same subject, if you received upgrade with AA status, could you then at the gate ask the agent to post the flight into your AS account? Anyone has experience on this?
Old Feb 12, 2003, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ctkw:
if you received upgrade with AA status,
</font>
What upgrade with AA status? The only way you are going to upgrade on AS is either pay or have MVP/MVP Gold status unless I've missed some important news.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
could you then at the gate ask the agent to post the flight into your AS account?]</font>
If you upgrade ahead of time and use web or ITM checkin, the system will let you input whichever FFP that AS participates in.
Old Feb 13, 2003, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ctkw:
...if you received upgrade with AA status, could you then at the gate ask the agent to post the flight into your AS account... </font>
I think he meant receiving an upgrade on AA using AA status, then having the miles credited to his AS account.

I believe there's a current discussion on this issue on the AA forum. Seems like it is possible, but quite cumbersome.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum71/HTML/014528.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.