Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Is there a limit on the number of 50k bonus miles you get for flying 75,000 miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there a limit on the number of 50k bonus miles you get for flying 75,000 miles?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2003, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

In other words, if you fly 150,000 miles on Alaska, will you get two 50k bonus sets or just one?
Old Jan 22, 2003, 7:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP, DL Silv
Don't know the answer personally, but I'm curious what routes you're going to fly to accumulate all those miles! Lots of coast to coast? I guess if you flew SEA-MIA/BOS/EWR/WAS, it'd only take 30 roundtrips or so to hit 150k...

------------------
-Steve
Old Jan 22, 2003, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
AA, NW, LA and KL miles also count towards that 75,000 mile plateau so that gives you plenty of possibilities...
Old Jan 23, 2003, 3:26 pm

I'm flying alot of miles back and forth to Dulles. This is the first time I've heard of this bonus. Do I need to signup for it, or is it an automatic feature? Is it per calendar year? Any additional info would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Jan 23, 2003, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
There's no need to sign up for anything. The bonus is calculated by calendar year and Alaska will keep track of everything for you (though it never hurts for you to double check to see that everything you've flown has posted correctly). Once you reach the 70000 mile plateau, you'll see the 50000 mile bonus posted to your account. Easy, eh?
Old Jan 26, 2003, 11:00 pm
kdp

Programs: AA EXP/1MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Seat 2A:
AA, NW, LA and KL miles also count towards that 75,000 mile plateau so that gives you plenty of possibilities...</font>
Do BA miles count as well?
Old Jan 27, 2003, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BA miles do not count.

You will receive credit for miles flown to your Mileage Plan account but your BA miles do not count towards MVP/MVP Gold status nor the 75000 mile challenge. Neither do CO's, HA's or QF's.

All of this is detailed in the Mileage Plan section of Alaska's website. Here - read all about it!

http://www.alaskaair.com/mileageplan...rs_Airline.asp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.