Community
Wiki Posts
Search

e-ticket question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2003, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

e-ticket question

I apologize if this has been asked before.

What's the policy for Web check-in? 24hrs prior to the flight? If I print my boarding pass thru my printer, and I have luggage(s), do I have to stand in line and check them at the counter, or what's the procedure? If it's at Burbank (BUR), a tiny airport, is there someone on the curb to take my luggages? Would that be a skycap? And, is it a general rule to tip'em? Pls advice.
Old Jan 14, 2003, 8:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP, DL Silv
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by thissucks:
I apologize if this has been asked before.

What's the policy for Web check-in? 24hrs prior to the flight? If I print my boarding pass thru my printer, and I have luggage(s), do I have to stand in line and check them at the counter, or what's the procedure? If it's at Burbank (BUR), a tiny airport, is there someone on the curb to take my luggages? Would that be a skycap? And, is it a general rule to tip'em? Pls advice.
</font>
Web check-in is up to 30 hours prior to departure. See http://www.alaskaair.com/www2/it/WCI.asp

At major airports, ie. Seattle, you have the option of curbside or a special "web bag check" line. In BUR, your option is to curbside (can't say for sure that AS has a skycap @ curbside) or stand in line with everyone else at the counter. If you use the skycap, common practice is to tip at least $1 per bag.

Have a great trip!

------------------
-Steve
Old Jan 14, 2003, 8:48 pm

Note that per http://www.alaskaair.com/www2/Airpor...Guides_BUR.asp , there is a skycap @ BUR.

------------------
-Steve
Old Jan 15, 2003, 11:10 am
Original Poster

thanks much fellas. so, i can bypass the waiting in line and drop off my luggage at the curbside. terrific!!
Old Jan 15, 2003, 1:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Elevate, AAdvantage, Mileage Plus
Speaking of which, has anyone noticed longer lines at check-in and security with the new boarding pass rules? I'm traveling this Saturday mid-afternoon from SEA. Is it likely that if I have a web boarding pass, the TSA will reject it and ask me to go back to the ticket counter or an ITM?
Old Jan 15, 2003, 10:19 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by EIPremier:
Speaking of which, has anyone noticed longer lines at check-in and security with the new boarding pass rules? I'm traveling this Saturday mid-afternoon from SEA. Is it likely that if I have a web boarding pass, the TSA will reject it and ask me to go back to the ticket counter or an ITM?</font>
I think you're still fine with the web boarding pass....that's what I used last week on AS in SEA; no problem. The lines -were- significantly longer, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.