Wiki Posts
Search

How about Horizon Air?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 1999, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

How about Horizon Air?

Hi Everyone,

Sorry to write again... I got a change of plan. I am on the same LAX to YVR route, but due to time change, I need to take the 5:31pm flight from LAX to SEA, and then take the 9pm flight to YVR from SEA on Horizon Air.

From previous posts, I know that AS will serve me a hot dinner on F class heading towards Seattle.

How about Horizon Air? The 30 minutes flight towards Vancouver will be short and I don't expect any service. Hopefully, it will be a nice scenic flight. However, how is Dash 8? What is the difference between the 100 and Q200?

Finally gates questions in Seattle... which gates does AS use? and which gate does QX use? Did they share similar gates?

Thanks,
Carfield

Old Dec 13, 1999, 7:27 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

The 30 minute flight does offer some nice scenery when the skies are clear. However, I would expect overcast conditions this time of the year and limited sightseeing. Don't expect anything more than a beverage. Unlike Alaska, Horizon still offers complimentary wine. The Dash-8 does not offer first class seating but I think this is the most comfortable prop plane in commercial service. It always entertains me to be seated next to the high-fuselage wing and watch the landing gear extend. It's pretty cool to see the landing puff of smoke up so close. The only obvious different difference between the 100, 200 and 300 series is the lengthening of the fuselage.

AS and QX do not share gates but QX flight are right next to the AS gates in the C terminal. Alaska also operates out of the D terminal. Rather short walk between flights. The Horizon folks usually have fresh coffee and newspapers available in the waiting area.

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: The Airline Mileage Workshop

Old Dec 13, 1999, 8:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
You will get free beer or wine and some kind of snack. And almost always, great fun service.
Old Dec 13, 1999, 8:52 pm
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
QX usually offers free beer from a local microbrew. Sometimes if you are lucky, you'll get RedHook! The Dash 8's are ok. I have flown on them alot from SEA to BLI.
Old Dec 14, 1999, 6:56 am

All the seats on the Dash-8-200s and F-28-4000s are leather covered. All flights from Seattle to Vancouver are on Dash-8-200s. Its a short flight, so don't expect too much. Try to get seated in row one or row four if you want the most legroom. But, the other rows still aren't bad for a prop plan, at 17.25 inches wide, and 31-32 inchs of pitch. 37 seats on the plane.

As mentioned, there will be Starbucks, free Pacific Northwest wines, and microbrews, and then the other usual beverages on your flight, as well as the coffee/tea and newspapers in boarding area.

[This message has been edited by West Coast Flyer (edited 12-14-1999).]
Old Dec 14, 1999, 9:29 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Actually, for the ultimate in legroom on a Dash-8, get the middle seat of the very last row! The last row of seats run across the back wall of the cabin. Thus, the center seat faces the aisle and has about 40 or 50 feet of legroom!

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: The Airline Mileage Workshop

Old Dec 16, 1999, 6:50 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
The last flight I was on Horizon was a PDX-SEA flight and they served free wine or beer!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.