Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Right/Left side of plane on flights to Alaska?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 1999, 10:28 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum

Which side of the plane offers better views on flights from Seattle north to Anchorage or to Juneau? Thanks.
Old Oct 20, 1999, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
You want an F window northbound, an A window southbound. Its the only route that I even consider asking for a window. And if its clear, its quite a spectacular flight, which I have only done somewhere between 30 and 40 times roundtrip. Generally the flight hugs the coast just offshore. There can be derivations, but generally these are the seats you want.
Old Oct 21, 1999, 11:42 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

I'll agree with Eastbay. Leaving SEA, you get to fly over the northern edge of the Olympics and have a spectacular view of Vancouver Island. Either side of the plane works for this view. On approach into ANC, you'll get to see the glaciers and interesting mud flats south of Anchorage. Heading south is usually after dark for me but I enjoy seeing the city of Vancouver lit up since the southbound flights seem to come into SEA on a more easterly course.

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: The Airline Mileage Workshop

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.