Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Odd AS Award Booking

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2024, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
Odd AS Award Booking

I just looked into a mileage F ticket for early January and the itinerary I want popped up with 30K for main cabin and 80 K for first....great! However, when I get to the check out page there is a note under the left hand flight description that says "upgraded to first class." What is this? My worry immediately is that there will be no access to the lounge at SEA. This TPA-SEA with o/n and on to ANC the next morning. I am Club 49. There is no fare class shown at all. Called Alaska and the very nice agent has never seen this and cannot find any reference to it in her materials. Would like to get it booked tonight but, of course, can call the mileage plan folks in the AM. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! KM

Last edited by kileysmom; May 15, 2024 at 10:17 pm Reason: More info
Old May 15, 2024, 10:26 pm

Programs: Yes
Did you checkout with the Main Cabin 30K or First Class 80K option? Did you opt for one of the new cash paid upgrades on an award ticket?

If you purchase the ticket, the fare class will be available under flight details. If you have a non-U FC fare class (e.g. J/C/D/I) then you will have AS lounge access.
Old May 15, 2024, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
Thanks. I didn't opt for any upgrade...just booked the 80K and a few bucks ticket. But and thanks for the tip, when I opened my confirmation email just now, it shows D class for both legs so all is OK. I will be 75K again by then so would have burned a pass if necessary but I horde those! Many thanks and have a great rest of this day! KM
anteater and pcoll like this.
Old May 16, 2024, 12:02 pm

Programs: alaska, united, marriott, hilton
80K for domestic first.. yikes. You can get international real business class for less than that
Old May 16, 2024, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by skier464
80K for domestic first.. yikes. You can get international real business class for less than that
AS catching up with DL Skypesos haha.
Old May 16, 2024, 12:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by skier464
Domestic first on AS has always been a terrible value for using miles.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old May 16, 2024, 1:07 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
Domestic first on AS has always been a terrible value for using miles.
And in the last 2 years it has only gotten worse. Used to be 40k-60k one-way (as low as 25k), now 80k-90k one-way seems the norm.
Old May 16, 2024, 1:13 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
And in the last 2 years it has only gotten worse. Used to be 40k-60k one-way (as low as 25k), now 80k-90k one-way seems the norm.
Although to be fair, you can still find some deals if flexibleheres one a few days before my travel date to ANC, for example. (note: my actual travel date is 70k in F)

Old May 16, 2024, 1:27 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
Although to be fair, you can still find some deals if flexibleheres one a few days before my travel date to ANC, for example. (note: my actual travel date is 70k in F)
Agreed. I grabbed a RT DFW-SFO in F for 60K on the days and times that I wanted. Even got AA nonstop on the return.
Intl359Widget likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.