Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Service to Nassau (NAS)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2024, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Has anyone flown the LAX-NAS-LAX rotation on AS? Mainly interested in the check-in experience at NAS since it is a USA pre-clearance airport. I have global entry that should make it easier. Anything useful once passed pre-clearance? I assume no lounges.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 1:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I heard it was pre-clerance. Have a trip next week but probably not going to make it then. Not sure if I can push or not.

Also wonder about lounge use upon arrival into LAX hmm...
Old Feb 7, 2024, 3:32 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
All NAS -> US flights are preclearance. You'll check-in, then go thru security, US customs, and then be in a large holding room/terminal until they call your flight - then you'll walk down tiny lil fingers to your gate and get on the plane. I'm not sure if NAS has the new Global Entry kiosks (face recognition) or not (like YVR).
Old Feb 7, 2024, 5:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
Just flew through NAS last month. There's a kiosk for GE in the pre-clearance area, which speeds things up nicely. Just make sure you look for the GE line, not the regular line.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Thanks to all. How far in advance for check in? The website says 3 hours for int'l flights. Is there a 'precheck' type security lane for those with GE? And lastly, anything worthwhile once you are in the 'USA' at the airport?
Old Feb 8, 2024, 7:10 am

I have only done pre-clearance at DUB and NAS. NAS was fast and easy. And there are actual amenities post pre-clearance (unlike DUB). NAS is really trying hard. The live band playing for people in line in the arrivals hall was delightful.
willoL likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 8:27 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum

Wondering if anyone can relate experiences on this route? Wife wants to give it a try (I am ambivalent, but you know...) but given it involves a layover and switch to a different carrier I am wondering if it would be better to fly to Florida, spend a day or two, than hop the same flight to Nassau. Seems like it would be more relaxing. Might also be more expensive though? TIA.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by NWAlaskaFlyer
Wondering if anyone can relate experiences on this route? Wife wants to give it a try (I am ambivalent, but you know...) but given it involves a layover and switch to a different carrier I am wondering if it would be better to fly to Florida, spend a day or two, than hop the same flight to Nassau. Seems like it would be more relaxing. Might also be more expensive though? TIA.
I don't understand what you are asking. AS only serves NAS from LAX and SEA. If you are flying from the West Coast/HA no change of carrier is required. AS also only serves MIA/FLL from the West Coast, so if you are starting from somewhere else it would be very inconvenient to use AS.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Aliquot
I don't understand what you are asking. AS only serves NAS from LAX and SEA. If you are flying from the West Coast/HA no change of carrier is required. AS also only serves MIA/FLL from the West Coast, so if you are starting from somewhere else it would be very inconvenient to use AS.
Sorry, should have clarified that this was SEA-NAS. My wife is coming up with flights that stopover at FLL and then switch to Bahamas Air for the FLL to NAS leg. She did find a one day a week direct flight but it is a lot more expensive. Curious if anyone can relate experience with the layover flights.

Old Feb 12, 2024, 10:27 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Sorry, should have clarified that this was SEA-NAS. My wife is coming up with flights that stopover at FLL and then switch to Bahamas Air for the FLL to NAS leg. She did find a one day a week direct flight but it is a lot more expensive. Curious if anyone can relate experience with the layover flights.
I wouldn't recommend Bahamas Air, especially one with an 8 hour layover in FLL. Check JetBlue and Southwest, they both fly FLL-NAS.
NWAlaskaFlyer likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 10:27 am

Programs: Costco Club

What exactly are you looking for in terms of information? You have an 8 hour layover, you'll be fine.
NWAlaskaFlyer likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by StevenSeagalFan
What exactly are you looking for in terms of information? You have an 8 hour layover, you'll be fine.
One thing we are thinking of doing is taking SEA-FLL then staying a couple days in Florida before hopping. An 8 hour layover floating into the next day does not sound like a good time. Just curious if anyone flew the layover flight and what their experience was. Seems tough.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 10:55 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
I am flying LAX-NAS in a couple of weeks. What is the check-in process and gate access for this flight? Terminal 6 then somehow get to TBIT? I have not been through LAX in several years and am wondering what to expect.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 11:03 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by BOB W
I am flying LAX-NAS in a couple of weeks. What is the check-in process and gate access for this flight? Terminal 6 then somehow get to TBIT? I have not been through LAX in several years and am wondering what to expect.
Just like flying to Mexico for a departure on AS.

- Check-in at T-6 with passport, gate is always in T-6, no TBIT, customs on arrival at NAS.

- On return, you pre-clear in NAS for return to the States.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 12:02 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by BOB W
TBIT is for international carriers mostly. I see Hawaiian and sometimes AA use gates out there but otherwise the US carriers just use their respective terminals even for international flights. Most terminals have their own separate customs and immigrations checkpoints. You can hike to TBIT if you want to use the Qantas lounge but it's probably not worth the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.