Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Customer Care calls routing back to reservations?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2024, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Have been trying to reach customer care today and it keeps routing them to regular reservation agents after the initial call goes through. Even when agents transfer me to customer care it ends up leading back to normal reservation agents. Anyone experiencing similar recently?
Old Mar 18, 2024, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by olouie
Have been trying to reach customer care today and it keeps routing them to regular reservation agents after the initial call goes through. Even when agents transfer me to customer care it ends up leading back to normal reservation agents. Anyone experiencing similar recently?
Yes, overload goes to reservations and they triage the calls. But the transfer back to Customer Care has worked for me.
olouie, anteater and samosa like this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flytoeat
Yes, overload goes to reservations and they triage the calls. But the transfer back to Customer Care has worked for me.
Thanks, will try it again but last 2-3 calls all went back to reservations once the agents transferred. Maybe I'll wait until things cool off.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 12:54 pm

Programs: Costco Club
Thanks, will try it again but last 2-3 calls all went back to reservations once the agents transferred. Maybe I'll wait until things cool off.
what’s the issue? Maybe reach out on socials?
Old Mar 18, 2024, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by StevenSeagalFan
what’s the issue? Maybe reach out on socials?
Got an offer to change my flight, did so, but the process to get the travel certificates errors out saying the tickets are invalid. From socials they said only customer care can help.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 1:25 pm

Programs: Costco Club
Got an offer to change my flight, did so, but the process to get the travel certificates errors out saying the tickets are invalid. From socials they said only customer care can help.
Ugh, I bet thats super frustrating. Why can't Alaska have good tech!? Good luck!
Old Mar 18, 2024, 2:58 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by flytoeat
This is correct. 🤙🏻🍹
Old Mar 27, 2024, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
this cropped up intermittently when the program was launched a couple months ago

iirc if you enter just the last four digits of the ticket number the system will process the credit correctly
beckoa likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jrl767
this cropped up intermittently when the program was launched a couple months ago

iirc if you enter just the last four digits of the ticket number the system will process the credit correctly
Sadly that didn’t work. All sorted by customer care after some calls but I think they said it was an ongoing issue if the credit issue date was in the future.
samosa likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 9:33 pm

Hard to defend/sugarcoat the power failure on the part of AS on this one. I've been the recipient of similar power failures in the past, and wrote MInicucci about it. Things improved soon after, but I doubt it was because of what Minicucci did executively. I think the improvement was a random event.

I truly sympathize with the posts about inaction from customer service. This sucks. Just hope it doesn't last too long. I still like AS and am a shareholder. Stock rising lately and analysts like what's going on with that. Nevertheless, hope this doesn't last. I think upper management needs to know what's going on. Truly sucks when the backstop for complaints on upper level problems doesn't work.

Some may want to defend AS on this, but it doesn't resonate with me. They need do have the will to do better. Hard to help customers if they can't communicate their problems reliably.
anteater and samosa like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.