Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

'Student pilot tried to open Alaska Airlines plane cockpit multiple times mid-flight'

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

'Student pilot tried to open Alaska Airlines plane cockpit multiple times mid-flight'

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2024, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Post 'Student pilot tried to open Alaska Airlines plane cockpit multiple times mid-flight'

This CBS News story about a March 3 incident on board a flight from "California to Virginia" reads like the individual has a severe mental health issue, but it must have been disconcerting for everyone aware of what was going on.

Student pilot tried to open Alaska Airlines plane cockpit multiple times mid-flight, complaint says

The NBC account is similar but identifies the flight as AS 322 SAN-IAD.

Last edited by Fredd; Mar 13, 2024 at 5:38 pm Reason: Additional information
Old Mar 13, 2024, 6:07 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
I just read about it and then yours.

Along the lines of less than mainstream Alaska pilots, the pilot of a flight that I was on yesterday appeared to be French; his English was very good, but an accent could be sensed in a word such as seat.

By the way, has anyone ever flown on an Alaska flight with two women in the cockpit?
Old Mar 13, 2024, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by Fredd
This CBS News story about a March 3 incident on board a flight from "California to Virginia" reads like the individual has a severe mental health issue, but it must have been disconcerting for everyone aware of what was going on.

Student pilot tried to open Alaska Airlines plane cockpit multiple times mid-flight, complaint says

The NBC account is similar but identifies the flight as AS 322 SAN-IAD.
Are we training these people to fly commercial airplanes? Or any airplanes?
Old Mar 13, 2024, 7:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by vanillabean
I just read about it and then yours.

Along the lines of less than mainstream Alaska pilots, the pilot of a flight that I was on yesterday appeared to be French; his English was very good, but an accent could be sensed in a word such as seat.

By the way, has anyone ever flown on an Alaska flight with two women in the cockpit?
Why is a pilot that is French a problem? He could have dual citizenship, or not. Does it matter? As long as he is competent then so what?

I have been on several flights with two women...this is not unique. What are you getting at here?
Old Mar 13, 2024, 7:40 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by WebTraveler
Why is a pilot that is French a problem?
Not at all, just not seen often. He was quite competent and informative by the way.

Originally Posted by WebTraveler
I have been on several flights with two women...this is not unique. What are you getting at here?
Just that I haven't (but don't mind). Simply curious.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 8:13 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by vanillabean

Not Alaska that I know of, but I did fly KEF-SEA with two female pilots. The only reason I know this is we had a perfect view into the cockpit from the jet bridge in KEF. I could not care less what nationality, ethnicity, or gender a pilot is, as long as they are skilled.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.