Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Bilt Rewards Is a New AS Transfer Partner (3/15/2024)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bilt Rewards Is a New AS Transfer Partner (3/15/2024)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2024, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
I have not been following bilt.

Does one need the cc to take advantage of this?
What do you want to take advantage of? You can join Bilt Rewards without its credit card, but the benefits are very limited. You can pay rent with any credit card, but you'd have to pay 3% fee except with its own credit card. It may make sense if the card you use generates return better than the 3% fee. According to the announcement from Bilt, the Alaska Visa card is going to offer 3x on rent payments starting sometime this spring, so that'd be the best card to use if you don't have the Bilt Rewards Mastercard.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 12:05 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
am weary about this arrangernt…. am hoping this doesnt equate to diminished value of my alaska miles.

Jiburi
leland, williwaw and MojoGuru like this.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by jiburi
am weary about this arrangernt…. am hoping this doesnt equate to diminished value of my alaska miles.

Jiburi
Alaska is doing a much better job at devaluing AS miles than Bilt ever could
leland and innerspace like this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by tth6133
I have no idea, but I wouldn't think so, especially when there's still a lot of uncertainty about the merger. If the merger does take place, however, people who sit on piles of AmEx points (there're many, many more AmEx points out there than Bilt points) may choose to transfer their points to HA, on the assumption that HA miles will be converted to AS miles 1:1.
Alaska would know this, and HA could be pulled as a transfer partner simultaneously, without warning.
leland likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by MojoGuru
Alaska would know this, and HA could be pulled as a transfer partner simultaneously, without warning.
Maybe, but we don’t have any idea really what the contract between HA and AS requires. I doubt that they will be able to pull the program off Amex MR the very moment it becomes clear that the AS/HA merger will go through, and then you will have people speculating that the transfer ration will be 1:1 and thus they will make speculative transfers. Depending on my AS and Amex balances and how the new award charts work out (availability at lowest levels) I could see myself trade some of my currently copious MRs for AS miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.