Wiki Posts
Search

New 1MM Elite Benefit?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2024, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
New 1MM Elite Benefit?

I flew with two friends late last month who earned their 1MM status on the flight. On my return flight the Pilot announced that we had another person earning1MM status. My friends got an email noting their new status and telling them they would be receiving a "FREE" 1MM metal bag tag. All 1MM's get those. Does AS do anything more than the metal tags for newly minted 1MM's?
Old Mar 11, 2024, 4:49 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by BOB W
I flew with two friends late last month who earned their 1MM status on the flight. On my return flight the Pilot announced that we had another person earning1MM status. My friends got an email noting their new status and telling them they would be receiving a "FREE" 1MM metal bag tag. All 1MM's get those. Does AS do anything more than the metal tags for newly minted 1MM's?
I thought there was a little online portal where the MM could select a complimentary gift (e.g. a scale replica 737).

You could always have your friends email the MM team to inquire. 🤙🏻🥃
Old Mar 11, 2024, 6:30 pm

Programs: AS 100K and AS 1MM
Does AS do anything more than the metal tags for newly minted 1MM's?
You probably already know about these additional 1MM perks, but here goes:

- MVP Gold for life
- 3rd tiebreaker in upgrade calculations (after current status and fare class, before date of purchase)
- 20K 'accelerator' EQMs each calendar year (this year they showed up in late February and 2023 accelerator EQMs also counted as rollover, should that happen again next year)
- lifetime ability to nominate a family member living at the same address to be elevated to your status each year (MVP Gold or higher, depending on what your current level is)
- complimentary pre-ordered Main cabin meal (similar to 100K benefit, although one can't double-dip if 100K/MM and get two comped meals)
Old Mar 11, 2024, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by VirtuousKangaroo
You probably already know about these additional 1MM perks, but here goes:
I am aware of those since they are posted on the website. I was wondering about any physical gift. I received a short list of options for a momento when I passed 1MM years ago. I chose a model airplane in AS livery. There were other options but I don't recall what they were. An AS Rep actually came to my office to present me with the gift.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 7:15 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
An AS Rep actually came to my office to present me with the gift.
Lol. When I passed the milestone a couple years ago there was no inflight announcement, no private recognition on the flight, and no congratulations of any kind until, after a few weeks, an email showed up allowing me to choose between a model plane and a six month wine club membership with some Washington vineyard. I have enough wine clubs in my life, so plane it was. It was delivered a few weeks later by UPS…ground, of course.

It was so pathetic that when I mentioned the whole experience to someone I know who is moderately high up at AS he apologized profusely and said that’s not how it was supposed to happen.

The whole experience, combined with AS’ operational unreliability at the time, left me so sour on AS I mostly flew Delta for the first 3/4 of 2023. After I while I got tired of having to make a hub connection to get anywhere I wanted to be, so I drifted back into the willing arms of Chester. But I haven’t forgotten them flubbing my once in a lifetime million mile experience that took 34 years of my life to achieve.
sea_jeff and VirtuousKangaroo like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.