Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Status of Companion Fare booking for open jaw or multi city?

Old Mar 10, 2024, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver

It has been my understanding in the past, that the official AS policy is to only allow companion fares for true round-trips with the same city pairs. I know myself, and others have been able to book open jaws with companion fares (example: ANC-PHL / BOS-ANC). I dont remember the bookability of multi city tickets (ANC-SFO-ORD-ANC). I have also heard that if you book an open jaw and need to make a change, there is a risk of the agent cancelling the reservation. Anyone have any recent experiences with open jaws and multi city booking with Companion Fares?
Old Mar 10, 2024, 6:11 pm

Programs: AS 100K
I have used multi-city with a companion fare.
Crazy Dave likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 8:32 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100K, Avis Presidents Club, Life Member VFW Post 10029
I have used companion fare on a multicity last year (FAI-ANC-SEA-DAL-SEA-FAI) with stays in Dallas and Seattle on the way back. I was also extremely fortunate to upgrade the entire trip using 100K upgrade option, as when booked every segment was upgradeable at booking.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.