Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage Plan with San Diego Home Airport

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2024, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by JC5280
LAX has Laredo, ZIH, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Cancun, just for starters. Those, plus the OW connections there, seems like a SAN-LAX feeder service on SkyWest would be a good addition for AS.
While it seems like it, if the route is full of connecting pax, AS will essentially be flying them there for free, only to provide connecting service to planes that are already pretty full without the connecting service.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 3:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
Originally Posted by skunker
SAN also has ZIH and CUN and I think you did/used to do another Baja airport besides SJD. But, it really doesn’t make much sense to fly to LAX for other small Mexico markets when you could just use TIJ and save time and a lot of money.
ZIH and CUN are once a week and seasonal. That doesn’t help when I want to travel Thursday-Monday for example. So yeah, for a long weekend trip, I use TIJ. But either way, it’s a connection. To stay on OW, I have to connect in PHX or DFW. Or just take UA with their connections through LAX.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by JC5280
ZIH and CUN are once a week and seasonal. That doesn’t help when I want to travel Thursday-Monday for example. So yeah, for a long weekend trip, I use TIJ. But either way, it’s a connection. To stay on OW, I have to connect in PHX or DFW. Or just take UA with their connections through LAX.
Consider nonstop return flight via TIJ to CBX; Eastbound flights out of TIJ tend to be early morning redeyes, but nonstop returns are typically more convenient - better than connecting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.