Wiki Posts
Search

AS Website Glitches

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2023, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
AS Website Glitches

Getting error messages on a few different browsers when I'm trying to log into my account on the desktop (need to cancel a few flights). Anyone else?
Hoping this isn't impacting any actual ops at the airport as I'm hopping on a flight in a few hours.
Old May 31, 2023, 10:06 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Same issue here. The app seems to be working, though extremely slow.
Old May 31, 2023, 10:15 am

Yep flight status also not working on desktop, but works on the app. (works now, right after I submit this LOL)
Old May 31, 2023, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I had issues with both the iOS app and the Chrome desktop earlier this morning, but everything now appears to be working more-or-less normally
Old Feb 13, 2024, 10:14 am

Website Glitches

I've had my share of website difficulties with AS before, but after spending 2 fruitless hours waiting for, and talking to, Customer Care, today is unquestionably the worst. The IT agent I talked to says they're having problems with the entire system. For me, I can't check into flights today, which is a continuing hassle. They also lost $7,000 in gift certificates I was hoping to use for trips for grandchildren to go to HI in the upcoming week. My belief is someone/something did something in programming and ventured that to the agents. They said they will work be working on things like this. Wonder if anyone else has had difficulties w website today (or recently).
TEDisgone and anteater like this.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Lots of issues yesterday AM - the app actually functioned better than the website for a time.
anteater likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 10:31 am

Programs: Yes
It sounds like the upgrade professor is mingling with other systems again.

If I recall correctly, AS likes to push changes on Tuesdays. 🤙🏻🥃

Last edited by anteater; Feb 13, 2024 at 11:10 am
Old Feb 13, 2024, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Has the calendar been fixed?

Last week I saw all kinds of weird stuff.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35978358-post952.html
Old Feb 13, 2024, 10:41 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, DL Silver Medallion
Ah, I wonder if this is why, when I booked a flight today (website), Alaska filled in my AAdvantage number and DID NOT HAVE A RECORD (for filling shopping cart) of my Alaska Mileage Plan number.

I noticed it for a second booking and manually added MP number, but must now correct the first ticket and don't see an obvious way to do that myself. Good thing I was going to call for a Comfort Seat anyway...
jerry a. laska and TEDisgone like this.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by FullFare
For me, I can't check into flights today, which is a continuing hassle.
Just use the kiosks at the airport. Oh, wait…
Old Feb 13, 2024, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I received 3 emails at 4:29 am and one at 4:35 am for an award ticket purchased yesterday morning, for which I received emails at 9:59am yesterday.

And there was a reissue on the last one, with a different $ for ticket value, so I'm not sure if there was an add-collect, or a refund of some of the taxes. Since this is for January travel, I'm not going to worry about it nor follow up right away, as the actual flight segments are intact.

And I just checked - My Trips aren't loading, except on the app.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 11:44 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Pretty annoyed with the AS website at the moment. I had a BA Club World partner award ticket XXX-LGW/LHR-XXX, and I wanted to upgrade the LHR leg to first as it was showing as available. I got a strange error on the website, so I called the partner award desk. Previously, they would easily be able to change tickets one leg at a time, but now I hear things like "the entire journey must be available for us to make the change." They weren't able to make the change, claiming it was phantom availability. So I tried to book that leg on my own and sure enough it went through. So I cancelled the original ticket and bought a cash ticket to LGW. Now, the entire journey is showing as available, but my account is down!
Old Feb 13, 2024, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can't login online. App is better.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 1:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
There's been issues since at least yesterday evening. Had to call AS about some basic stuff earlier and now AS won't take my money :/
Old Feb 13, 2024, 1:45 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
I had some glitches last night when trying to purchase a cash fare. It would not let me use money in my Wallet because it claimed I had nothing there, not even any past transactions. Yet when I checked the app, my Wallet was showing correctly. Okay. It's one of those fares that can't be searched for in the app so I decide to go ahead and pay without Wallet funds but the website glitches out and returns an error I've never seen before, so I just closed my browser and walked away from my computer. A few minutes later I got an alert from my card that the charge went through and I got a receipt from Alaska with everything in order. Weird.

UPDATE: after seeing the post from willoL, I checked that ticket that went through even though the website glitched, and sure enough, my AAdvantage number is there. Ugh. I'll wait until after the storm disruptions to give them a call.

Last edited by TEDisgone; Feb 13, 2024 at 2:35 pm Reason: Additional issue found

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.