Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Website Glitches

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2024, 8:03 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
When I enter the following link for a flight status webpage at this time, at 7 p.m. PST,

https://www.alaskaair.com/status/402/2024-03-01

I would expect the out-of-range date to default to today's date, but instead I see tomorrow's, and it's not even tomorrow on the east coast. 👀
Old Mar 8, 2024, 8:26 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by vanillabean
When I enter the following link for a flight status webpage at this time, at 7 p.m. PST,

https://www.alaskaair.com/status/402/2024-03-01

I would expect the out-of-range date to default to today's date, but instead I see tomorrow's, and it's not even tomorrow on the east coast. 👀
This is by design. Once the inquiry is beyond the published date range, the system will default to the next operation of the flight. Since the flight already occurred today, it’s posting data for the next one - tomorrow. 🤙🏻🍹
Old Mar 8, 2024, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by anteater
This is by design. Once the inquiry is beyond the published date range, the system will default to the next operation of the flight. Since the flight already occurred today, it’s posting data for the next one - tomorrow. 🤙🏻🍹
How about this one?

https://www.alaskaair.com/status/357/2024-03-06
Old Mar 9, 2024, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
How about this one?
You really need to stop testing boundary conditions on as.com. Sooner or later you are going to crash the PDP11
WillTravel4Food likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 10:56 am

Programs: Yes
Currently on a bender with the UG professor for the weekend.. ping me next week. 🍹🤙🏻
Old Mar 9, 2024, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
You really need to stop testing boundary conditions on as.com. Sooner or later you are going to crash the PDP11
Remember them fondly! For a few years as a youngster I took night shifts looking after a room full of them
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 5:17 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Remember them fondly! For a few years as a youngster I took night shifts looking after a room full of them
The young whippersnappers these days likely don't know the joy of working with these systems, but then me too since we were more of a Data General shop. Most of them probably haven't even spent all that much time working with assembly language or machine language, but that might be like expecting somebody to still know how to harness a horse to the buggy for a trip into town. This could be the problem with the AS upgrade processor. Maybe they can't find anybody who has current coding skills that knows the outdated system. My coding days are in my past. It's a "didn't use it and so I lost it" scenario.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 7:11 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by lax.sea.jnu
Pretty annoyed with the AS website at the moment. I had a BA Club World partner award ticket XXX-LGW/LHR-XXX, and I wanted to upgrade the LHR leg to first as it was showing as available. I got a strange error on the website, so I called the partner award desk. Previously, they would easily be able to change tickets one leg at a time, but now I hear things like "the entire journey must be available for us to make the change." They weren't able to make the change, claiming it was phantom availability. So I tried to book that leg on my own and sure enough it went through. So I cancelled the original ticket and bought a cash ticket to LGW. Now, the entire journey is showing as available, but my account is down!
Yes this has been the traditional way they did it one leg at a time and built itineraries. When I hear an agent say “it has to be one ticket” I immediately know it’s someone who’s new, hang up and try to find someone else. The agents out of PHX are usually hit or miss. The agents in Boise, and Seattle are usually all veterans.

The reason I hate having to cancel and rebook is you lose the $12.50 partner fee. While not a lot of money, if you do this 10-20 times a year (like me) it adds up.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 8:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by TEDisgone
New glitch found this morning while booking an award ticket. I was able to use Wallet funds for the majority of surcharges but the $12.50 partner fee had to be paid with "new" funds. My CC is on file and shows on screen so I proceeded. It came back with an error message telling me to correct items in red below... but there are no items in red on screen! I unchecked the box using my Wallet and discovered all of my contact information is missing from the card on file. I filled those back in, checked the Wallet button and proceeded with no further issues. I can't wait to see what fun happens in March!
Originally Posted by FullFare
I had the demand to use "new funds" instead of having the $$ come, like the other funds for a new ticket, from my wallet funds. Mystified as to who decided this. Makes no sense to me. Wallet funds for new tickets ought to be useable for the surcharges, too. I don't understand their accounting rationale for this. Anybody else know the reason?
I tried to pay award taxes + partner fee with credit certificate code and it errors out stating "PaymentForm\CreditCard\@Number_ is required when an amount is due and Gift Certs or Wallet will not cover the entire amount." - even though it shows $0 balance..

I'm guessing this is a new restriction?
Old Mar 15, 2024, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
getting a weird message when trying to purchase a ticket —
“CreditCard.Address_ properties are not properly populated”

verified both the billing and mailing addresses in my profile, so the right data is in (at least one part of) the system
Old Mar 16, 2024, 11:26 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by jrl767
getting a weird message when trying to purchase a ticket —
“CreditCard.Address_ properties are not properly populated”

verified both the billing and mailing addresses in my profile, so the right data is in (at least one part of) the system
I had this happen to me a couple days ago. The system is now forcing you to select the radio button next to the stored billing address, even when you have the billing address stored as part of the profile for the selected credit card.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 8:11 pm

Anyone else get this error message when trying to log into website? "Backend unavailable, connection timeout"
Old Apr 12, 2024, 11:12 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, AS Airlines Mileage Plan
AS website down?

Friday morning 10:10 am—-I am trying to search flights to New York and keep getting the “404 error” whatever I do.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 12:32 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100K, Avis Presidents Club, Life Member VFW Post 10029
I have not had any problems this morning, I booked a flight about 10 minutes ago (10;15 am Alaska time)
Old Apr 12, 2024, 12:40 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, AS Airlines Mileage Plan
Yeah, it is up now, but was still down at 10:35 for me.
Crazy Dave likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.