Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Website Glitches

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2024, 6:56 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Wallet funds re-appeared yesterday but not Guest upgrades or Alaska Lounge passes. I got right through to an agent to fix some trips that required a human to confirm schedule changes and they too were puzzled why the trip I recently booked used my AA number instead of defaulting to my AS number, and went ahead and changed it. Today, GGUs and Lounge passes are showing so I think my account is once again operating within normal parameters.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 7:26 pm

My wallet is back so seems like issues are being resolved
Old Feb 15, 2024, 10:37 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Last night I got a phantom text message that I had been upgrded on a SEA-DEN flight for today. The F cabin has been full for at least the last month. Chrome, Edge, the AS app and a phone agent all confirmed that I was still in 7D for the flight. A couple of hours before my flight I got an updated boarding pass with 7D as my seat. I just chalk it up to the AS IT Abacus acting up again.

Last edited by BOB W; Feb 15, 2024 at 10:49 pm
Old Feb 16, 2024, 7:41 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Over the last some weeks whenever the Alaska website wouldn't load at all, I have eventually disabled my ad/malware/web tracker blocker, after which the site would ask me to press and hold to confirm I'm not a bot, and then the site loads fine once again.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 9:28 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
New glitch found this morning while booking an award ticket. I was able to use Wallet funds for the majority of surcharges but the $12.50 partner fee had to be paid with "new" funds. My CC is on file and shows on screen so I proceeded. It came back with an error message telling me to correct items in red below... but there are no items in red on screen! I unchecked the box using my Wallet and discovered all of my contact information is missing from the card on file. I filled those back in, checked the Wallet button and proceeded with no further issues. I can't wait to see what fun happens in March!
Old Feb 17, 2024, 8:37 am

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
I still have no access at all. Keep trying and will call again today. But this is getting ridiculous.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 7:31 pm

Appreciate those who posted about their wallet certs disappearing. I spent a lot of time on hold waiting to get through to customer care. Multiple Huca's. Eventually one of the cust care agents figured it out that they had replaced my Alaska MP account number with an Advantage number that I also have. I have no clue as to how or why it happened. Anyway, after the agent restored my reservations to MP in place of Advantage, everything came in to place, most importantly my access to wallet certs. She was substantially cool. She knew I was getting desperate about a big trip to HI I had planned for grandchildren and did major detective work to fix it. She even called me back on my cell twice to see if it was getting fixed. At one point I offered to wash her car.

In the height of my despair, I wrote to Minicucci, describing what I thought was a mess. Did give him positive feedback on how I thought he was trying to cope with the door blow-out prob. Wrote him back and thanked AS for sticking with my individual problem.

I have learned that the best prospects for dealing with recurring/unsolved problems are with calling customer care early in the day. I forget when they open, but I think it's around 8AM Pacific time. Calling in the afternoon usually evolved into significant wait times. One of them was almost 2 hrs for me. I advocate in these times that they devote more personnel hours to the customer care time and mentioned that to Mr. Minicucci as well. This is the kind of thing that, IMHO, makes FT a worthwhile thing to have.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by TEDisgone
New glitch found this morning while booking an award ticket. I was able to use Wallet funds for the majority of surcharges but the $12.50 partner fee had to be paid with "new" funds. My CC is on file and shows on screen so I proceeded. It came back with an error message telling me to correct items in red below... but there are no items in red on screen! I unchecked the box using my Wallet and discovered all of my contact information is missing from the card on file. I filled those back in, checked the Wallet button and proceeded with no further issues. I can't wait to see what fun happens in March!
I had the demand to use "new funds" instead of having the $$ come, like the other funds for a new ticket, from my wallet funds. Mystified as to who decided this. Makes no sense to me. Wallet funds for new tickets ought to be useable for the surcharges, too. I don't understand their accounting rationale for this. Anybody else know the reason?
Old Feb 17, 2024, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by TEDisgone
I had the demand to use "new funds" instead of having the $$ come, like the other funds for a new ticket, from my wallet funds. Mystified as to who decided this. Makes no sense to me. Wallet funds for new tickets ought to be useable for the surcharges, too. I don't understand their accounting rationale for this. Anybody else know the reason?
Old Feb 17, 2024, 8:41 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by FullFare
It may depend on where the surcharges actually go. If it's a tax to a third party, then Alaska is thinking "this money got paid to us as non-refundable, it's only payable to us for something else not the tax authorities or partner airline". The partner award charge is weird unless it got miscoded or Alaska uses some third party to help facilitate those tickets which the $12.50 or some portion thereof actually goes to.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 8:29 pm

I keep getting
"Backend unavailable, connection timeout"

at various stages of search, flight selection and payment pages.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
The app worked for me.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by michaelpowell44
I keep getting
"Backend unavailable, connection timeout"

at various stages of search, flight selection and payment pages.
Yup...

"Backend unavailable, connection timeout" AS down
Old Mar 5, 2024, 9:59 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Yesterday I was trying to change an award ticket online. When I attempted to change airports, the system couldn't validate the airport name. It kept saying "Airport is not in our network" or something similar. I was essentially blocked from making any changes. The same behavior was seen in Safari and Chrome. I ended up having to cancel the flight and make a completely new reservation. Fortunately I didn't have a partner award fee associated with the reservation.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 9:59 pm

Regarding partner miles bookings that have schedule changes on them, does anyone know what needs to be done by the agent to allow full online booking management functionality to resume?

Had a schedule change with Condor that I called in for. Change was accepted and processed, online access to the booking came back but change and cancellation options did not. Asked the agent about it and initially they sounded confused, then claimed that there had been 4 schedule changes.. “once there are more than 2, the system gets confused and doesn’t want to deal with it” so need to call it in.

I know this has not been the case in the past, so just wondering what needs to happen or specifically request.

Also, I know it’s been a steady decline with all the new agents hired/lack of training, but initially tried to accept the schedule change on chat and the agent reviewed the change, stated there’s been a schedule change to the flight “from FRA to SEA operated by Alaska”. Then about 5 minutes later came back and said the change has been processed.. but it hadn’t.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.