Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Website Glitches

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2024, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by willoL
Ah, I wonder if this is why, when I booked a flight today (website), Alaska filled in my AAdvantage number and DID NOT HAVE A RECORD (for filling shopping cart) of my Alaska Mileage Plan number.

I noticed it for a second booking and manually added MP number, but must now correct the first ticket and don't see an obvious way to do that myself. Good thing I was going to call for a Comfort Seat anyway...
One of my problems is that AS inserted my Advantage number as my default for mileage credit on the last 4 reservations I booked on AS. I hadn't noticed. Called to correct them, and it appears to be helping. Worrisome thing is that I couldn't fix any of the mileage mistakes made by AS by myself on the website. Keen frustration. Probably the reason other things have failed. It's only Feb and the year is still young. I'm already booked ahead to the summer for 80K eqm, but am going to call a halt and go to the other carriers, especially UA.

My biggest one is that AS wiped out $7,000 of gift certificates I was intending to use next month to have my grandkids go to HI with me. I have spent over 3 hrs on hold with Customer Care today.
Yesterday's total hold on Customer are was 2.5 hrs. They have referred me to their IT people who are looking at it, hopefully to be fixed. Right now put our plans for family reunion over to HI on hold. Was 50th anniversary for my brothers, 53rd for wife and me. I do believe the airline has seen better days. The door blowing off was a red herring. AS's communication deficiency is, and likely has been for some time, it's achilles heel.
willoL and TalkingPoint like this.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
I have a companion cert that needs to be booked by Thursday before expiration. Currently not visible on the website under my discounts (nor is the money in my wallet). It says:
Add your Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan number to access the Discount Codes that may be associated with your account.

But even when I do enter it, it still shows that message. If I go to the overview and elite status my AS number and miles are there. But on the upper right drop down if you click the name it should also show my Mileage Plan number - but that is blank. Just to compare my wife logged in and her account is fine.

Even though login is working again seems like data may be corrupted on the backend. Hopefully they figure out how to restore soon.

Last edited by dbuckho; Feb 13, 2024 at 8:42 pm
Old Feb 14, 2024, 12:00 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Also can't see my companion cert in my account. I'm glad I used my wallet funds a few days back and that I have narrowly avoided losing access to them.
In addition, cannot log in to the MileagePlanShopping site where it suggests that my account is not activated.
willoL likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 7:31 am

Day two.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 8:15 am

same issue - going on for almost a week

I've been trying to book a companion code flight for several days now, same issue as others here. I can login via iPhone app but not on website (although my wife's account can). I texted their support (82008) and explained the situation. Last night they acknowledged the issue, this morning the person said they weren't aware of any problems. They said to book as guest using a companion code they gave me.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 9:17 am

Programs: AS
As far as I can tell, there must be bugs in changes to the website front end, as the app (for me on iOS) seems to be more or less fine. However, there could be server problems, as most of the glitches(?) have to do with the functionality that isn't available on the app. Specifically, all of my wallet funds, companion codes, passes are blank. Hope Alaska servers still have records of all that somewhere. At least my bookings appear to be intact.

Text chat with AS didn't reveal anything. They claimed to be aware of the problem, and "it's safe to book and make changes". Obviously, I can't use any of the codes or wallet funds, though.

Last edited by MACTEP; Feb 14, 2024 at 10:11 am
Old Feb 14, 2024, 10:18 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Tho website is still wonky, I noticed late last week of AS wallet being accepted for code share flights. I'm suspecting there is more to the website irregularity.....

Jiburi
Old Feb 14, 2024, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by jiburi
Tho website is still wonky, I noticed late last week of AS wallet being accepted for code share flights. I'm suspecting there is more to the website irregularity.....

Jiburi
I had better success this morning using the DuckDuckGo browser. Flawless check in, because, well, I wanted to print a paper BP, because, well, if things go more sideways, I don't want to wait for an agent to check in at the airport.
willoL likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 12:17 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
I can't log in with my account, but spouse's account logs in successfully.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 2:03 pm

My wallet disappeared from my account a couple of days ago, including $600 in deposited certificates. I called for the 3rd time today trying to get it fixed and the customer service agent said this is a widespread problem that they’ve had numerous calls about today
Old Feb 14, 2024, 2:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
The app did not work for me with olci (might be related to a sdc) but I was able to check in using the 'express' checkin button on the full site, and add the bp to my Google wallet (which tsa took). No issues checking luggage today so that part is working fine.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
most of my info appears to be back to normal but the section header for GGUs is missing (along, of course, with the GGU)
Old Feb 15, 2024, 1:57 pm

Still unable to login. This is a long outage for my account.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 2:32 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Originally Posted by williwaw
Still unable to login. This is a long outage for my account.
I sent a message to Customer Service on FB Messenger and the agent was able to restore my account. Not sure what happened.
williwaw likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by ab2013
I sent a message to Customer Service on FB Messenger and the agent was able to restore my account. Not sure what happened.
This inspired me - I called Customer Care and after a long sigh, she said check back in a day or two. Seems there must be a set of users for whom the system is extra messy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.