Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will AS Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2024)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Will AS Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2024)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2024, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by nutwpinut
Hi. I believe we met at the Alaska lounge and took the flight together. My family and I sat behind you. It was nice meeting you and talk airplane talk. First time I met someone else on Flyertalk.

We had the kalbi beef and it was great as well although the sauce was sweet for our taste. The mozzarella was amazing for airplane food.

AS 877 lunch SFO-HNL
Yup, that was me, and your meal was my second choice. Nice chatting with you, too.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
AS1083 (155pm) LAX-SEA, Tue 30 Jan

choices were the same as pcoll mentioned

forgot the pic, but the Moroccan chickpea salad was reasonably good

AS1054 (555pm) SEA-LAX
spinach, kale, and blood orange salad was excellent

my issue with a composed salad that requires cutting fruit or large pieces of vegetables is that it’s difficult to keep everything in the bowl when mixing in the dressing and chicken/turkey — first world problem
pcoll likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 5:50 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Looks like the menu gets a slight modification as of next week. These are options on HNL-SJC. The shoyu chicken and Polynesian burger get replaced with the teriyaki short rib and bbq chicken dish, the current veg pasta being swapped with the ravioli.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 5:53 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by jrl767
AS1083 (155pm) LAX-SEA, Tue 30 Jan

choices were the same as pcoll mentioned

forgot the pic, but the Moroccan chickpea salad was reasonably good

AS1054 (555pm) SEA-LAX
spinach, kale, and blood orange salad was excellent

my issue with a composed salad that requires cutting fruit or large pieces of vegetables is that it’s difficult to keep everything in the bowl when mixing in the dressing and chicken/turkey — first world problem
I had this last week and have to agree with you - while tasty, it's not very easy to cut and mix. I would still order it again tho.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767

AS1054 (555pm) SEA-LAX

What is the dessert that looks like someone sat on it?
PUCCI GALORE and NoLaGent like this.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
some sort of blondie, which was actually pretty tasty
Old Jan 31, 2024, 6:27 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by sltlyamusd
What is the dessert that looks like someone sat on it?
This made me snort, but the blondie is actually a nice change.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 6:59 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Had the "Steak and Shrimp" on BOS-SFO yesterday - probably the worst airline meal I've had and that's saying a lot.

Steak was beyond well-done, and had the

of leather.
Shrimp were slimy.

Also, what's going on with the bread? It looks like a dinner roll was divided into 4 pieces and then distributed; the butter pack is almost bigger
Old Feb 1, 2024, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, National Exec, Hertz PC, Nexus
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Had the "Steak and Shrimp" on BOS-SFO yesterday - probably the worst airline meal I've had and that's saying a lot.

Steak was beyond well-done, and had the

of leather.
Shrimp were slimy.

Also, what's going on with the bread? It looks like a dinner roll was divided into 4 pieces and then distributed; the butter pack is almost bigger
It's supposed to be Bruschetta. You assemble it by spreading the diced tomatoes on the bread. When I had it in November, they gave me two pieces of bread similar to what you received. There was no butter on the tray. From other photos of this meal in this and the 2023 thread, it was served with two pieces of bread and no butter. I found it good, but the bread/tomato ratio was off. I could've used more bread.

Last edited by dayone; Feb 2, 2024 at 8:12 pm Reason: Delete quoted image for readability.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
JFK-PDX FEB 2024

very nicely done!!

ual744777sta and williwaw like this.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 9:02 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, DL Silver Medallion
AS311 BOS-PDX
I tried the Mediterranean Lentils.

Warm nuts we’re offered first, with drinks,

Dessert was ice cream, but I fell asleep and didn’t ask if any was left when I woke up from my doze.

Snack basket came around once, but not every item was left after earlier PDX-BOS leg, according to FA who apologized for fewer offerings.

The lentils tasted very good and it was the right amount of food for me, but something didn’t agree with me, so I won’t order this again. (I eat a lot of lentils and other legumes, but am not very tolerant of some spices and these were well seasoned. I wouldn’t have described the dish as spicy, to be clear.)

Actually, I wondered if there could be some peppers along with tomato in the bruschetta mixture. That is the most common ingredient to irritate my system. Again, the bruschetta tasted very good, but I will be cautious in future just in case the red sauce was what got me.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by willoL
AS311 BOS-PDX
I tried the Mediterranean Lentils.

Warm nuts we’re offered first, with drinks,

Dessert was ice cream, but I fell asleep and didn’t ask if any was left when I woke up from my doze.

Snack basket came around once, but not every item was left after earlier PDX-BOS leg, according to FA who apologized for fewer offerings.

The lentils tasted very good and it was the right amount of food for me, but something didn’t agree with me, so I won’t order this again. (I eat a lot of lentils and other legumes, but am not very tolerant of some spices and these were well seasoned. I wouldn’t have described the dish as spicy, to be clear.)

Actually, I wondered if there could be some peppers along with tomato in the bruschetta mixture. That is the most common ingredient to irritate my system. Again, the bruschetta tasted very good, but I will be cautious in future just in case the red sauce was what got me.
That honestly looks awful...what were the other options? I hope the side salads return in the future. I must be a foodie cause if I know ice cream is coming, I will fight to keep myself awake for fear of missing out...lol.

Last edited by dayone; Feb 3, 2024 at 11:47 pm Reason: Deleted quoted image for readability.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 11:07 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, DL Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
That honestly looks awful...what were the other options? I hope the side salads return in the future.
I agree the lentils tasted better than they looked. I think beans are hard to present in a sexy way, however, and at home I’m the kind of cook who doesn’t bother (at all) with presentation, so I didn’t worry about legume aesthetics when evaluating the dish.

I took a screenshot of the menu options before I left, but did that at home and didn’t bring the laptop with the pictures.

IIRC, I personally chose between the BBQ bacon burger (but would’ve had to take off pork/bacon, which I avoid for religious reasons) and the lentils based on meals I would like eating the best. Pretty sure there was a chicken option that listed peppers in the ingredients, so also not ideal for my health needs. Fifth choice might’ve been the Steak & Shrimp?

Since I avoid shellfish due to the same religious teachings, and also have a family member with severe shellfish allergy, I am less likely to eat around shellfish on a plate than I am to do the same with pork.

I wish the lentils would’ve worked for me, but I will default to the fruit & cheese if all the meat options are iffy for me in the future. Again, though, I think the problem was my sensitivity to certain seasonings, not anything actually bad about the lentils (beyond their unassuming appearance.)

It’s a bummer because I am a big fan of beans as a protein choice, for health and environmental reasons.
pcoll likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 11:44 am

Programs: AS 75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I had the jerk chicken from BOS-SFO on Friday and it was fine (pictured below). I agree, wish the salads would come back. I'll try the lentils next time. I've had the steak and shrimp a few weeks ago and hated it - won't ever order that again.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 2:39 pm
Original Member

Programs: AS 100K
02/03/2024
FLT 406
SEA-IAD

Had the Kalbi Beef. Never had Kalbi Beef made from Pot Roast. Could not taste the Kalbi sauce. Served with Brucheta, bread, and butter. I think the Kalbi Beef would taste better if made from flank steak.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.