Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will AS Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2024)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Will AS Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2024)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2024, 10:58 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by mbluecpa
AS 519, the 7a FLL-SEA. Nice to have five choices, but it’d be nice to have a non-egg (or fake egg) option besides the F&C on a transcon.
FWIW, the parmesan scrambled eggs/bacon is delicious.. Seriously was getting a little weirded out by how much I was enjoying eggs served on a plane.
ual744777sta likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 3:16 pm

Programs: AS 75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Trying to decide between the Jerk Chicken and Steak & Shrimp dish. Anyone have the Steak & Shrimp recently?
Old Jan 10, 2024, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by mbluecpa
AS 519, the 7a FLL-SEA. Nice to have five choices, but it’d be nice to have a non-egg (or fake egg) option besides the F&C on a transcon.

At least the JUST eggs are plant based. Though it is odd that everything is egg or faux egg.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 4:13 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL GM
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
FWIW, the parmesan scrambled eggs/bacon is delicious.. Seriously was getting a little weirded out by how much I was enjoying eggs served on a plane.
I had the pulled pork breakfast scramble recently and was also shocked that I thoroughly enjoyed the eggs served on a plane. Definitely exceeded my expectations.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
We need something like pancakes with a fresh strawberry compote....or cinnamon swirl french toast slices....

Last edited by PDXPremier; Jan 10, 2024 at 5:47 pm
Old Jan 12, 2024, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
AS2 SEA-DCA Mon 8 Jan (same for Sun 21 Jan)

upgrade cleared ~T-18 so I wasn’t able to pre-order

chicken and squash was okay; baked mini potatoes just seems a bit redundant w the squash, and I actually preferred the bruschetta with the chicken instead of the red pepper sauce
anteater likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by jrl767
AS2 SEA-DCA Mon 8 Jan (same for Sun 21 Jan)

upgrade cleared ~T-18 so I wasn’t able to pre-order

chicken and squash was okay; baked mini potatoes just seems a bit redundant w the squash, and I actually preferred the bruschetta with the chicken instead of the red pepper sauce
You should try the fried rice next, in my experience it has been quite decent.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Originally Posted by fly747first
You should try the fried rice next, in my experience it has been quite decent.

great minds must think alike … already pre-ordered for next week’s flight
fly747first and pcoll like this.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 10:13 pm
Original Member

Programs: AS 100K

Steak and Shrimp

Salt and Straw

DCA-SEA Flt 3
Old Jan 16, 2024, 9:41 am
Original Member

Programs: AS 100K
Snack Basket

A data point. I had brief conversation with the lead FA about the Snack Basket. They said their service manual stated to offer Snack Basket 90 minutes before arrival on long haul flights. Your Snack Basket offering time may very, if offered at all.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by JayJ
They said their service manual stated to offer Snack Basket 90 minutes before arrival on long haul flights. Your Snack Basket offering time may very, if offered at all.
How do they define a “long-haul” flight?
Old Jan 18, 2024, 7:04 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver

Alaska flight 2065 from PDX to SFO on 1/18. Had the breakfast sandwich option. It was tasty, but a little challenging to eat. The slightly tough texture of the English muffin didn’t combine well with the very slick cheese spread. My first couple of bites, I had to be careful that all the filling didn’t escape from the opposite side of the sandwich. Tried cutting the whole thing in half, which helped. The fruit was somewhat lackluster, but given the weather issues in Portland, I’m just glad they had food catered at all
willoL likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 8:28 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G

AS Flt. 617 SEA-ANC Jan. 16, 2024 Described as Peruvian Beef. This ranks near or at the top of the worst meals I have ever been served on AS or any other airline. The rice was dry and hard, the veggies had no flavor and it was almost impossible to find the teeny, tiny pieces of what might pass for beef. I ate about 25% before giving up. The dessert was dry and the filling was hard. On a good note: the carrots and hummus were nice. Be warned anyone thinking about ordering this meal!!!

Service was meh!!! I should write in but my Mama told me "If you can't say anything nice about someone..."
Old Jan 18, 2024, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BOB W
AS Flt. 617 SEA-ANC Jan. 16, 2024 Described as Peruvian Beef. This ranks near or at the top of the worst meals I have ever been served on AS or any other airline. The rice was dry and hard, the veggies had no flavor and it was almost impossible to find the teeny, tiny pieces of what might pass for beef. I ate about 25% before giving up. The dessert was dry and the filling was hard. On a good note: the carrots and hummus were nice. Be warned anyone thinking about ordering this meal!!!

Service was meh!!! I should write in but my Mama told me "If you can't say anything nice about someone..."
Yuck... thanks for the warning.

Last edited by dayone; Jan 19, 2024 at 10:43 pm Reason: Delete quoted image.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

pre-order menu for AS5 DCA-LAX on Fri 26 Jan is the same as mbluecpa posted upthread

haven’t yet decided what I’m going to order, but I’m not a fan of the not-too-varied alternatives to the F&C plate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.