Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will AS Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2024)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Will AS Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2024)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2024, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
AS507, IAD-SAN, Wed 27 Mar

if I heard the FA correctly, only the chicken and the beef were available on board (I’m also amused by the pic of “Thai Shrimp” )

spicy snack mix — not sure if this is a permanent replacement for the nuts; also not sure if I’d call it an “upgrade” or “enhancement” since the pecans are missing, but it was a nice change of pace

this was excellent — but once again, I’d like a word with the menu planners who thought an Italian-style salad *with cheese* would complement a vegan Thai entree (full disclosure, I’m neither vegan nor vegetarian, so the cheese wasn’t an issue for me)

Last edited by jrl767; Mar 28, 2024 at 2:11 pm Reason: resized photos
Old Mar 27, 2024, 4:34 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by ASA_1
New menu launched.

“this is the precursor to an exciting year ahead, we can’t wait to share what’s to come on our premium food and beverage lineup”.

I hope that means the return of Moscow mules onboard! Hah

The top image surprises me though. Even for the American style (vs European style), any dining guide defaults to holding only your index finger on the middle part of the fork in the company of a knife for cutting, whereas using your middle finger there along with more of your hand is generally viewed as ackward.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Originally Posted by jrl767

spicy snack mix — not sure if this is a permanent replacement for the nuts; also not sure if I’d call it an “upgrade” or “enhancement” since the pecans are missing, but it was a nice change of pace
What is that can--I don't recognize it (and they don't usually give cans in first).

Last edited by dayone; Mar 27, 2024 at 11:04 pm Reason: Fix quote syntax.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 8:05 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by samosa
What is that can--I don't recognize it (and they don't usually give cans in first).
Tonic water.
samosa likes this.

Last edited by dayone; Mar 27, 2024 at 11:02 pm Reason: Fix quote syntax.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
AS 394
SEA-MCO
11:10pm departure
3/25/24

I chose the pastrami sandwich over the other option which was the fruit and cheese plate since it sounded good. I don't see any photos of this posted anywhere in this thread so I'm assuming it's a new menu item. It was served warm with delicious melted cheese and pastrami. While I normally don't mind a little mustard on my sandwich, whoever added it to this sandwich made sure that the strong taste of the mustard overpowered everything else which each bite. At one point my nostrils started burning so I decided to put the sandwich down and call it quits. Thankfully the side of fruit helped dull the strong mustard aftertaste. If you enjoy eating a jar of mustard, you'll love this meal, otherwise pick the standard fruit and cheese plate. Dessert was the long lost warm chocolate chip cookie that I haven't seen in a long time. Since we didn't really get served until around midnight, I wish the cookie would have just been included on the meal tray rather than waiting an hour or so after the meal when many passengers were likely asleep.
Carfield likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
AS 301
MCO-PDX
7:49pm departure
3/27/24

The parmesan crusted chicken breast with mashed sweet potatoes and asparagus was delicious although I'm not a fan of sweet potatoes and would have loved for them to swap them out for garlic mashed potatoes. The roll was soft, warm, and delicious. I enjoyed the odd assortment of green olives and cheese, but still wish they would bring back the traditional side salad--maybe something a little different like a Caesar salad. The dessert was Salt and Straw ice cream. I expected a snack basket toward the end of the flight since it was around 6 hours in length, but it never made an appearance--hopefully that's a one-off and not a permanent change.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
AS 301
MCO-PDX
7:49pm departure
3/27/24

The parmesan crusted chicken breast with mashed sweet potatoes and asparagus was delicious although I'm not a fan of sweet potatoes and would have loved for them to swap them out for garlic mashed potatoes. The roll was soft, warm, and delicious. I enjoyed the odd assortment of green olives and cheese, but still wish they would bring back the traditional side salad--maybe something a little different like a Caesar salad. The dessert was Salt and Straw ice cream. I expected a snack basket toward the end of the flight since it was around 6 hours in length, but it never made an appearance--hopefully that's a one-off and not a permanent change.
I totally agree! On a six hour flight, an appetizer AND a side salad is not too much to expect. Even AA manages to do that!
Old Mar 29, 2024, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, National Exec, Hertz PC, Nexus
AS 309, IAD-LAX, March 28, Dinner

No PDB and no water at the seats. We were a few minutes late with boarding and the cleaners were deplaning as I got to my seat.

Got upgraded 5 days out as an AA Exec Platinum. It was a pretty full flight, with a school group in back, but it looks like they got at least 4 non-revs into first class, so all elites should've been upgraded. It's ironic that I do so well on AS upgrades as an AA elite flying out of DC airports. Upgrades are almost impossible on AA's DCA-LAX flights.

I preordered the Thai shrimp, which was alright (more details under the photo). Not pictured, Salt & Straw Double Fold Vanilla about 40-minutes after FAs cleared trays. I had that with a coffee and Baileys. They came by with the snack basket as we flew over northern Arizona. It had potato chips, biscoff, and cashews. Maybe more, but I took chips.

Service from the LAX-based crew was attentive most of the flight and I was offered refills. They cut off the guy next to me. He had a double Woodford and made some weird comments to the flight attendant after he guarded the cockpit door during the pilots' bathroom break. "I was planted here to protect us." He made some other comments I couldn't hear. When he asked for another double, they said they only had one left, which I'm sure was them slowly cutting him off. When he asked for another later in the flight, they said they were out and refused him any other alcohol. The FAs handled it well. At one point he was asking for his wife, who was not on the flight. He was elderly and it may have been some combo of dementia and the booze. In any case, it wasn't as disruptive as it sounds. He mostly just dozed off between these episodes. I felt kind of bad for him because he seemed confused more than anything. I'm sure the alcohol didn't help.

At one point an FA from coach asked if she could take my blanket (still in packaging) to give to a cold pax in the back. I wasn't going to use it, so I agreed. She came back later to say she posted 3,000 miles to my AS account. I got the email confirmation today that the miles posted.

The meals offered onboard were the Birria, Chicken, and Thai Shrimp. The shrimp seemed to be the most popular dish.

The nuts weren't warmed, at least by the time they got to me. FA gave me a double G&T.

Thai Shrimp. Not as much cury as I would've liked, but it was good. The carrots and beans were supposed to have a ginger seasoning, but they were flavorless. Also, the pineapple ginger fried rice had no traces of pineapple or ginger I could detect. It may have just been steamed rice. It didn't help that they skimped on the curry.
pcoll likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 6:12 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TropicalTripper
Thai Shrimp.
Haven't flown in years and have been following this thread as we are taking our first flight in First in a couple months..... I'm curious.... doesn't a dish like shrimp stink up the cabin of seafood which is not always a pleasant smell depending on quality.?

Last edited by dayone; Mar 30, 2024 at 7:12 am Reason: Delete quote image for readability.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by david55
Haven't flown in years and have been following this thread as we are taking our first flight in First in a couple months..... I'm curious.... doesn't a dish like shrimp stink up the cabin of seafood which is not always a pleasant smell depending on quality.?
In millions of miles of travel, I can't recall a meal that materially stunk up any cabin.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
AS 285, EWR-LAX

Thai shrimp. It was decent (and at least more curry sauce than the above photo) although a little light for the long flight. Nuts, meal, ice cream served all at once; despite that, the FAs were great with watching the cabin and refills throughout the flight
samosa likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 4:16 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
ORD-SFO 597 March 29, 2024

Heated nuts and Buffalo Trace on the rocks

Thai Shrimp, which both my wife and I enjoyed

Blueberry cheesecake, delicious

Very nice FA all around.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 10:38 pm

Programs: AS-MVP, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold
March 25, 2024
LAX-RDM 3466
chicken curry noodles

March 28, 2024
RDM-LAX 3421
dried and fresh fruit plate and snacks from the basket
Old Mar 31, 2024, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by vanillabean
ORD-SFO 597 March 29, 2024

Heated nuts and Buffalo Trace on the rocks

Thai Shrimp, which both my wife and I enjoyed

Blueberry cheesecake, delicious

Very nice FA all around.
Swirl cheesecake looks almost identical to what AA serves sometimes on MIA LAX flights, except AA's version is round.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 1:51 pm

Programs: Mileage Plan
AS 711 LAS-SEA March 31, 2024.

Ordered the Chicken in red curry over noodles and this has to be my favorite dish so far. Right spice, right portions, right flavor.

What you don't see is me accidentally spilling that margerita seconds after taking the photo. I was sober I swear!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.