Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Announces Porter Airlines (PD) As 30th Global Airline Partner (12/13/2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Announces Porter Airlines (PD) As 30th Global Airline Partner (12/13/2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2024, 7:18 am

Patiently waiting to find out the points requirement for YUL-YTZ
Old Jan 23, 2024, 8:22 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k, UA Silver, AC P25k, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Virginia Emery
i suspect 10k O/W
Old Jan 23, 2024, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by Virginia Emery
Same here for YUL-YHZ
Old Feb 1, 2024, 8:16 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Anyone flown yet on a 027 stock Porter ticket have comments?
Any DP how to just buy a reserve ticket through Alaska?
And for those who have flown, the wifi says its free, but ad every 30 min. Can you just pay to get rid of it?
Old Feb 1, 2024, 9:48 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k, UA Silver, AC P25k, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by samosa
Anyone flown yet on a 027 stock Porter ticket have comments?
Any DP how to just buy a reserve ticket through Alaska?
And for those who have flown, the wifi says its free, but ad every 30 min. Can you just pay to get rid of it?
RE: Wifi

You cant pay to get out of it....alternatively ...just join porter's FF and use that login....no ads and free.

RE: Porter Reserve

Yes - i want to know how too....i just see economy only fares through the rest of the schedule available.....FYI....its not worth "upgrading" to reserve upon check in....just pay for a stretch seat....buy the meal onboard (its the same as reserve) and you get free beer and wine already..... The incremental increase is spirits for free.....

RE: Miles Posting

I would like to see data points on posting of flights....on 027 ticket stock.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 2:15 pm

You can stop holding your breath...
Old Mar 14, 2024, 11:51 pm

Programs: Alaska 75k
Announced a couple days ago (YUL - SFO/LAX)
https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...800350587.html

Awesome to see better connectivity to eastern Canada and to break that Air Canada (and seasonally Air Transat) monopoly.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by burningflames
Announced a couple days ago (YUL - SFO/LAX)
https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...800350587.html

Awesome to see better connectivity to eastern Canada and to break that Air Canada (and seasonally Air Transat) monopoly.
I have been hearing rumors of AT merger with PD....but who knows.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 10:11 pm

Programs: AS MVP
I flew on a PD YYZ-SFO flight with a 027 AS ticket and miles have not posted. Does anyone else got the miles successfully posted?
samosa likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 8:18 am

Programs: aa,ac,hh
I'm wondering if anyone has experience checking bags from AS to PD.
I'm taking a flight in May HNL-LAX-YYZ with PD flying LAX YYZ. I am flying First Class on AS and am MVP Gold, so I should have np problem with bag fees in HNL.
I have 15 hours in LAX, however (arrive 11pm and leave 2 pm) and may not be able to check the bags through, however.

The PD website says the bag fees are "Dependent on the originating carrier" so in theory I shouldn't have to pay in LAX. I can foresee a long discussion with the PD agent, however showing that I shouldn't have to pay.

Has anyone done a AS/PD connection with baggage?
samosa likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by tunisbob
I'm wondering if anyone has experience checking bags from AS to PD.
I'm taking a flight in May HNL-LAX-YYZ with PD flying LAX YYZ. I am flying First Class on AS and am MVP Gold, so I should have np problem with bag fees in HNL.
I have 15 hours in LAX, however (arrive 11pm and leave 2 pm) and may not be able to check the bags through, however.

The PD website says the bag fees are "Dependent on the originating carrier" so in theory I shouldn't have to pay in LAX. I can foresee a long discussion with the PD agent, however showing that I shouldn't have to pay.

Has anyone done a AS/PD connection with baggage?
This isnt really a connection. Its a stopover. You will not be able to check your bags to sit at LAX for 15 hours; you will need to collect them in LAX and recheck in with PD. These will be treated as two separate segments in a trip. Therefore, you will pay the PD bag fees for the flight to YYZ per PD policy. Dont even try to argue with the PD agent.

The only hope is between now and then, PD and AS announce reciprocal elite benefits allowing free baggage. (doubtful unless PD joins oneworld between now and then....even FJ doesnt give free baggage being a oneworld connect partner!)
samosa likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 5:07 pm

Programs: aa,ac,hh
It looks like I may be OK. I was looking at the AS baggage rules and it appears that the definition of a connection (as opposed to a stopover) is anything under 18 hours. In theory I should be able to check the bags though from HNL
samosa likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tunisbob
It looks like I may be OK. I was looking at the AS baggage rules and it appears that the definition of a connection (as opposed to a stopover) is anything under 18 hours. In theory I should be able to check the bags though from HNL
You might be ok as long as you aren't on two separate reservations otherwise you will be subject to the new interlining policy.
samosa likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 6:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by isaacchambers
I would like to see data points on posting of flights....on 027 ticket stock.
Still waiting after 1 week. I flew Wednesday outbound, Friday return last week. Was hoping to see outbound miles post Monday or Tuesday if they dumped the data Friday or Monday like others, but alas....
samosa likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 11:06 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Anyone able to find connections via SEA-YYZ onwards (eg, to YOW)? Looks like the only routings AS will give me to YOW are through USA connecting airports, which is a bit annoying.
samosa and isaacchambers like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.