Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Announces Porter Airlines (PD) As 30th Global Airline Partner (12/13/2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Announces Porter Airlines (PD) As 30th Global Airline Partner (12/13/2023)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2023, 4:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k, UA Silver, AC P25k, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
This is finally what i have been asking for....a Canadian partner.....for OW and Alaska. I can now actually get to YOW and see family without AC/UA. AA dropped YOW in the pandemic and never returned.....

The fares are decent through alaskaair.com

Unfortunately, i will have to pay for baggage and seat assignments for the moment....it appears nothing for free. Seats are all window and aisle....so theres that.....baggage will be the pain point for me.

I talked to CS today and i can cancel these tickets through AS for free...a better deal than through porter directly.....

THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
psychtobe likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 3:00 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
i searched SFO-YYZ and YUL in February and March at AS. com and am not getting these flights to come up - any suggestions?
Old Dec 25, 2023, 5:09 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by psychtobe
i searched SFO-YYZ and YUL in February and March at AS. com and am not getting these flights to come up - any suggestions?
No secret trick,, they won’t come up yet.

YTZ via EWR/IAD should show up.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 11:24 am
Original Member

Programs: AS 100K
Looked up a fare for SEA to YOW round trip in Aug-Nov time frame. Not the best fares. $900 round trip. Cheaper to fly to London.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by MAH4546
No secret trick,, they won’t come up yet.

YTZ via EWR/IAD should show up.
I thought they were available for Jan departures
Old Dec 25, 2023, 10:54 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
I thought they were available for Jan departures
These are new routes for Porter that launch in January but not avail yet via Alaska’s site.
psychtobe likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 12:06 am

Programs: UA *G
Originally Posted by fly747first
HMMMM doesn't Air Canada do the same for ticket, baggage, and seating on its standard fares? Porter has an excellent operational performance, nothing like the endless cancellations and delays of the true Canadian ULCCs.
AC gives you one free carry-on bag and free seat selection at check-in on all fares. That said, I still prefer flying Porter although being able to walk to YTZ helps.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by MAH4546
These are new routes for Porter that launch in January but not avail yet via Alaska’s site.
the AS announcement from a couple weeks ago said the flights would be available "tomorrow".
Old Dec 26, 2023, 10:07 am

the AS announcement from a couple weeks ago said the flights would be available "tomorrow".
There are at least SOME SFO-YYZ available. Connections beyond on Porter seem spotty.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by leontief
AC gives you one free carry-on bag and free seat selection at check-in on all fares. That said, I still prefer flying Porter although being able to walk to YTZ helps.
Porter has a fantastic 2x2 configuration on its E N T I R E fleet. At check-in, you will be assigned a seat for free so the only perk AC is providing on basic fares is the ability to bring a carry-on onboard without a fee.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 3:05 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k, UA Silver, AC P25k, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
service to SFO and LAX are Jan 24ish....so its spotty.....

i was able to book a PD flight to yyz from SFO on march 3-10. 500rt
Old Dec 27, 2023, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by leontief
I get unreasonably grumpy evertime I shop for a Candaian flight because of PD marketing themselves as a premium economy arline and then nit including seat selection, carry ons or free changes in their fares.
leontief likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 4:54 am

Programs: UA *G
Originally Posted by fly747first
Porter has a fantastic 2x2 configuration on its E N T I R E fleet. At check-in, you will be assigned a seat for free so the only perk AC is providing on basic fares is the ability to bring a carry-on onboard without a fee.
PD assigns you a seat for "free" but you still have to pay the seat selection fee if you want a different seat. I like having a window seat for the YTZ approach.
Aliquot likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 3:17 pm

Canadian carriers are right back to charging insane fees for everything....the "no change fees" in Canada were extremely short lived to get the bailout from the govt. then back to thier old ways. PD had to go for the revenue as any investor there would want you to.

Southwest needs to go to canada.....they will clean up with no fees and free bags.....
Old Dec 28, 2023, 9:20 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by isaacchambers
Canadian carriers are right back to charging insane fees for everything....the "no change fees" in Canada were extremely short lived to get the bailout from the govt. then back to thier old ways. PD had to go for the revenue as any investor there would want you to.

Southwest needs to go to canada.....they will clean up with no fees and free bags.....
I always wondered why they didn't. One can only hope that they've studied this repeatedly and the conditions were never right. Because of course it would be interesting (if not great) for another player to enter the Canadian-American transborder market.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.