Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Million Milers can share their elite status with someone FOR LIFE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Million Milers can share their elite status with someone FOR LIFE

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2023, 11:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, AS MVP Gold 100K, AS MM, Avis First
Thanks for posting this!

As a Million Miler and 100K already this year...I never get any notifications about this stuff. My email is in correctly and I get texts and emails about my flights/upgrades and the like...but nothing about perks for MM or 100K status. Signed up my sweetheart just now...thanks again!
Old Jul 11, 2023, 3:52 pm

Programs: AS 100K and AS 1MM
Additional perks

Originally Posted by 95037
As a Million Miler and 100K already this year...I never get any notifications about this stuff. My email is in correctly and I get texts and emails about my flights/upgrades and the like...but nothing about perks for MM or 100K status. Signed up my sweetheart just now...thanks again!
95037 - also see this related thread - seems (4) GGUs and (4) AS lounge passes should be included for the nominated household member, assuming 75/100K status on the part of 1M 'host'.

AS MM lifetime status share - perks resource?
95037 likes this.

Last edited by VirtuousKangaroo; Jul 11, 2023 at 8:39 pm Reason: Added missing link
Old Jul 12, 2023, 2:31 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Retired senior here with just my dogs living with me. I would like to gift this to my daughter who also lives in ANC. Looks like that is a no go. Suck actually!!!
Old Jul 12, 2023, 5:27 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by BOB W
Retired senior here with just my dogs living with me. I would like to gift this to my daughter who also lives in ANC. Looks like that is a no go. Suck actually!!!

Feeling your feelings. Quite displeased. Dogs needs to fly more.

No, I do not think your companion who is getting enhanced status based on your status should get GGU nor lounge passes. You have the status, be happy with that.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 5:33 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
a couple of other things come to mind -- can you be in a committed relationship with someone who doesn't live with you and nominate them? What about if you are in a more flexible relationship? more than 50% of committed by law relationships dissolve. How do we deal with that? Do you stay in an unhappy relationship because you need OWE status? Its always good to be the edge case - MM without a live in partner, but has a committed relationship with a child /relative that could benefit and told to pound sand, dual MM with high status who can't share with someone outside their household.....
Old Jul 12, 2023, 5:48 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by StevenSeagalFan
Also, in the fine print reads: " to one companion who resides at the same home address on an annual basis. " Emphasis mine.
lalala, This is the part that just does not work for me!!!
Old Jul 12, 2023, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Club
Originally Posted by BOB W
lalala, This is the part that just does not work for me!!!
Same
Old Jul 14, 2023, 4:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Submitted a few days back. Almost forgot.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 11:43 pm

Programs: AS MM, AS MVPG100K, OW E, BA G
Has anyone who was nominated by a MM in this thread received their new status yet? I nominated my partner a little over five weeks ago and it's been crickets ever since, no notification of nomination, no status change. I know they said allow six weeks, so there are still a few more days before I will call to follow up with AS, but just curious how long it took for other nominees.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 11:49 am

Programs: AS Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Nexus / Global Entry
Originally Posted by lunainthesky
Has anyone who was nominated by a MM in this thread received their new status yet? I nominated my partner a little over five weeks ago and it's been crickets ever since, no notification of nomination, no status change. I know they said allow six weeks, so there are still a few more days before I will call to follow up with AS, but just curious how long it took for other nominees.
I nominated my better half the first day it was possible and same here - nada. Not worried but it would be nice to have it done already.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 2:16 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by sea_jeff
I nominated my better half the first day it was possible and same here - nada. Not worried but it would be nice to have it done already.
Same situation here. Nominated spouse is still the lowest of the lows. Well, in AS status, that is.
anteater likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 6:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Nothing yet.
Old Aug 11, 2023, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by Seattlenerd
Same situation here. Nominated spouse is still the lowest of the lows. Well, in AS status, that is.

Careful there...
Seattlenerd and anteater like this.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 3:17 pm

Going on 8 weeks now. Hasn't happened for the better half yet. Will be nice for her to have oneworld status (eventually)
Old Aug 25, 2023, 4:34 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
My nominated wife has been checking on this periodically and was advised on Tuesday or Wednesday that "the fix is in" - her status has been updated to reflect the nomination. The nice lady she spoke with said that the response to this offer was very low.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.