Community
Wiki Posts
Search

oneworld Emerald "Demotion"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2023, 4:09 am
DTS

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
Yesterday, for the first time ever, my BA boarding pass showed "Emerald". Curious if it being an AA codeshare may have played a role.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 1:10 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Another glimmer of hope - my last three BA bookings allowed me to select seats for free, without the "deleting-reentering-trying the Finnair site- trying the Qatar site- finally calling or online chat requesting" dance. Though my dance steps were getting pretty good with practice, I'm not sad to sit the dance out.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 3:24 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by anteater
Since the only external contact I have found for OW is a mailing address, I did just post a letter to them regarding this topic. I'll report back once there is a reply.
A OW exec was kind enough to reply and the relevant portion is below:

Originally Posted by oneworld
Our Global Support teams are mainly a back-office function that monitors flight connections at key alliance hubs to ensure customers are proactively assisted in case of major disruptions or if they are at risk of their flight missing a connection. These teams deploy actively to specific flights in case of a disruption to assist customers with alternative flight arrangements or to expedite their connections.

We do however not maintain physical locations or “Global Support desks” across these airports. In case of any questions, we would recommend for the customer to speak directly to a member airline agent for assistance.

Please also note, that depending on operational circumstances, our Global Support staff may not always be able to meet every flight but will prioritize those flights with the majority of at-risk connections.
With respect to OW status not reflecting on an itinerary, the advice is still to seek help from the operating carrier. 🤙🏻🥃
beckoa likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.