Wiki Posts
Search

oneworld Emerald "Demotion"

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2023, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K
oneworld Emerald "Demotion"

Checked in for a Cathay flight. I’m a 75K and my CX boarding pass shows sapphire instead of emerald 😆
This happen to anyone else?

Old May 4, 2023, 4:46 pm

Same happened to me after a rebooking on BA.

Thankfully it was a F ticket so lounge access wasn’t an issue, but I’d hope if it wasn’t I could just have showed the AS MP card within the app to display my actual status to resolve the issue.
Old May 4, 2023, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by shuttlerider
Checked in for a Cathay flight. I’m a 75K and my CX boarding pass shows sapphire instead of emerald 😆
This happen to anyone else?
Did you book the ticket before you reached 75K?
Old May 4, 2023, 5:06 pm

Same thing on JAL award booking as 100K. Rentered FFN a few times and it printed at ticket counter correctly but mobile pass was never fixed.
Old May 4, 2023, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Did you book the ticket before you reached 75K?
No. Ticket was booked after
notquiteaff likes this.
Old May 4, 2023, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
No. Ticket was booked after
Might be worth reaching out to AS to make them aware there is an integration issue with some partners.

I found it interesting that my DE boarding pass showed my OW status even though they aren’t part of the alliance and it doesn’t buy me anything.
leroix likes this.
Old May 4, 2023, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Arsene Wenger
Same happened to me after a rebooking on BA.

Thankfully it was a F ticket so lounge access wasn’t an issue, but I’d hope if it wasn’t I could just have showed the AS MP card within the app to display my actual status to resolve the issue.
That's what I’m hoping
I’d like to get into The Wing on my flight back…and simply not sure I can handle the shame if I'm rejected
Arsene Wenger likes this.
Old May 4, 2023, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Might be worth reaching out to AS to make them aware there is an integration issue with some partners.
I would normally do that but tbh I’ve had to reach out to them for so many things lately and I'm feeling slightly less charitable every time I do. I really like AS but it's starting to feel like a full time job dealing with them…99% of the time it's because of some back office issue. Recent interactions have been long, frustrating, and bordering on the ludicrous: AS miles not crediting, miles crediting incorrectly, partner flights taking forever to credit, a glitch when I tried using a discount code. The best one, I reached out to them because a MP partner airline destination was missing on the AS site so it couldn’t be booked using miles. The rep was adamant that MP members are only allowed to book flights to/from a partner airline's hub city!!! It's time consuming and tiring so on this latest glitch I'm giving myself permission to just vent online and do nothing else. Who knows maybe there’s an AS lurker reading this who will send it up the food chain.
Old May 4, 2023, 7:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I would normally do that but tbh I’ve had to reach out to them for so many things lately and I'm feeling slightly less charitable every time I do. I really like AS but it's starting to feel like a full time job dealing with them…99% of the time it's because of some back office issue.
Unfortunately, it seems like there are endless minor issue more and more frequently, particularly related to partners and mileage plan redemptions. It seems very much like Alaska is trying as hard as they can to be American.
Old May 4, 2023, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by jsguyrus
Unfortunately, it seems like there are endless minor issue more and more frequently, particularly related to partners and mileage plan redemptions. It seems very much like Alaska is trying as hard as they can to be American.
But where does the $12.50 partner booking fee go? 😂
Old May 5, 2023, 9:00 am

Programs: AA PP, Bonvoy Gold
It should work. I had an issue with getting my AA number on a BA itin and was able to access the F lounge in LHR by showing by AA card with my Emerald status
Old May 5, 2023, 9:17 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by M3JD
It should work. I had an issue with getting my AA number on a BA itin and was able to access the F lounge in LHR by showing by AA card with my Emerald status
Same using AS digital card.
olouie likes this.
Old May 5, 2023, 1:40 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Same, 100K demoted to Sapphire on boarding pass (QR) though they had the correct status when checking in at Al Mourjan lounge.
olouie likes this.
Old May 5, 2023, 10:41 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
...but on the other hand, my daughter didn't make OWE this year and is sapphire, however BA and QR both still show her as OWE. I think AS needs to up their OW game. We are definitely the poor stepchild of OW - on Royal Jordanian last month, AS still didn't show up as a partner and I had to credit my miles to Avios.
Old May 5, 2023, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by QT31415
...but on the other hand, my daughter didn't make OWE this year and is sapphire, however BA and QR both still show her as OWE. I think AS needs to up their OW game. We are definitely the poor stepchild of OW - on Royal Jordanian last month, AS still didn't show up as a partner and I had to credit my miles to Avios.
When that happens I remove my FFN and then ask for manual credit with ticket. PITA but better than having miles somewhere I don’t want.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.