Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Partnership with STARLUX Airlines (JX) [Launched 4/26/2023]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 18, 2023, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
STARLUX Seat Assignments for AS-issued tickets

Currently, the STARLUX website does not recognize AS-issued bookings for seat assignments. To get a seat assignments, use chat or call STARLUX.

Moderator Note

Because AS is JX’s only US partner, there is lot of interest here in its service, inflight product and FTers' general experiences. For the time being, STARLUX comments and reviews (especially J and PE) will be welcome in this thread.

There is not a dedicated JX forum on FT (discussion is the “Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines” forum). Please try to keep posts at least a bit related to AS, if possible. Thanks.

dayone, AS Moderator

Print Wikipost

AS Partnership with STARLUX Airlines (JX) [Launched 4/26/2023]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2024, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by JetAirways77W
I'm flying TPE-SFO on JX12 next Wednesday 3/27 in J, then connecting on a separate ticket to SBA on UA. Assuming customs goes smoothly (and I have no checked bag), I'll have some time to kill in SFO -- will I get access to the VS Clubhouse as an arriving JX12 passenger, or at least Alaska Lounge access in T2, or am I out of luck here?
Out of luck on both. JX does not offer an arrivals longe and are not part of Oneworld and will not grant you access. You can buy access into United though.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 8:06 am

Doing BKK to TPE in coach on JX and then tpe-lax in business later in the night.(seperate tickets )Will I have lounge access in BKK?
Old Mar 22, 2024, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by brabb12
Doing BKK to TPE in coach on JX and then tpe-lax in business later in the night.(seperate tickets )Will I have lounge access in BKK?
Once again this really has nothing to do with an AS award or earning on JX? AS doesn’t set JX lounge access policy? Since JX isn't oneworld I kind of doubt they do the separate tickets + shorthaul Y + longhaul J thing you would expect from oneworld (which is way more generous than pretty much everyone else)?

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/othe...-airlines-470/

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Mar 22, 2024 at 11:47 am
Old Mar 27, 2024, 11:02 am

Checking in with Starlux at LAX

We will be arriving LAX on separate ticket on AS. Have 4+ hour connection before departing on Starlux with AS award (economy). AS phone rep says they cannot check us in for Starlux flight. We will not be checking bags. Should we just check in at the Starlux gate? How long before 12:50 am departure should I expect a gate agent to be there?
Old Mar 27, 2024, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by elabut
We will be arriving LAX on separate ticket on AS. Have 4+ hour connection before departing on Starlux with AS award (economy). AS phone rep says they cannot check us in for Starlux flight. We will not be checking bags. Should we just check in at the Starlux gate? How long before 12:50 am departure should I expect a gate agent to be there?
You can do Starlux check in online and get mobile boarding passes or print them, just get passport check at the gate.
eponymous_coward and Majuki like this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by olouie
You can do Starlux check in online and get mobile boarding passes or print them, just get passport check at the gate.
Excellent! Thank you!
Old Mar 28, 2024, 6:33 am

SEA is on sale. Not sure if brokers bought up most of December or if JX held it back but its rough. Everywhere else appears to have 1 J for 75k
dayone, Majuki and kalderlake like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:24 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by sgan317
SEA is on sale. Not sure if brokers bought up most of December or if JX held it back but its rough. Everywhere else appears to have 1 J for 75k
I grabbed the inaugural 8/16 flight if anyone else is going to be on it.
Majuki likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 11:11 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

From STARLUX announcement email.

Old Apr 13, 2024, 6:16 am

Just booked a starlux itinerary via AS
But not able to manage/change seats or do anything on starlux website using the Airlines Confirmation/Booking code AS provided (yes, using the Starlux confirmation code and not the AS)

Just shows error
`Itinerary not applicable, please contact STARLUX Airlines Customer Service Center (03014)`
Old Apr 13, 2024, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by shubhank008
Just booked a starlux itinerary via AS
But not able to manage/change seats or do anything on starlux website using the Airlines Confirmation/Booking code AS provided (yes, using the Starlux confirmation code and not the AS)

Just shows error
`Itinerary not applicable, please contact STARLUX Airlines Customer Service Center (03014)`
Unfortunately you cannot use Starlux's website for any seat or meal order for any award tickets issued by Alaska Airlines.
You must call or chat with them through their website to secure seat assignments.

if you book a business class ticket, you cannot prebook any meal.

Carfield
Majuki, RedElmo and LHG like this.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Carfield
Unfortunately you cannot use Starlux's website for any seat or meal order for any award tickets issued by Alaska Airlines.
You must call or chat with them through their website to secure seat assignments.

Carfield
You can book a meal, but same situation you have to contact them through chat though. I was able to preorder for my family when we rode business class with them!
Old Apr 13, 2024, 11:12 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Does anyone know when the luggage drop off opens at TPE T2 for STARLUX? Hoping its earlier than 3 hours prior to departure.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by Carfield

Carfield
Damn that sux, read about it couple of posts above but was still hoping could self-manage the trip and seats.
What about checkin, can we do online check ourself and select seats then ?

Also, not seeing where the chat support is, their support page don't have any option for it, unless due to weekend ?
Old Apr 14, 2024, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by shubhank008
Damn that sux, read about it couple of posts above but was still hoping could self-manage the trip and seats.
What about checkin, can we do online check ourself and select seats then ?

Also, not seeing where the chat support is, their support page don't have any option for it, unless due to weekend ?

OLCI works well. Just message or call for seats ahead of time it’s easy. Food not great so really not worth effort to preorder if you aren’t doing seats.
shubhank008 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.