Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Fees for premium class on standard main class fare

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fees for premium class on standard main class fare

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2023, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz 5*
Angry Fees for premium class on standard main class fare

My status dropped from 75k to gold this year which shouldn’t matter however when I attempt to book SEA to KOA I can’t book in premium class without paying an upgrade fee. I fly this route frequently so it doesn’t seem to be a one off issue. When I called Alaska customer service initially they said it was because I was booking several months in advance and the fare was very low. This week i booked a trip in May and customer service said, just book it and 15 min later the system will automatically upgrade you to premium class. Well, that was 3 days ago and no upgrade…. I’m not booking saver fares, just a regular main class fare. This is the only route where I’m finding this issue. What has changed this year and what am I missing? I’m pretty fed up with Alaska and thinking it may be time to switch to Delta.
Old Apr 9, 2023, 12:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Status dropping from 75K to Gold is the issue.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...class-upgrades

Certain fare classes are ineligible for instant upgrades.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.