Wiki Posts
Search

Weird question for credit card app.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2023, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA,AA, WN
Weird question for credit card app.

Been several days with my application for the 70K AS credit card so decided to call. One of the questions I was asked was “were you in California when you applied on line”? I am a California resident. Has anyone had this question asked?
Old Apr 7, 2023, 9:05 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K (RIP VX), Hyatt Globalist, BonVoy Plat, National Exec
Yes, I believe it is a fraud prevention thing. CA here as well, but use a VPN and I think that flagged in their system and got the same question.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 9:59 pm

Same. I also was asked a similar question. Perhaps the system thought your IP is too far away from your address, hence the fraud prevention. I was then asked to verify myself via a text message and was approved right away.
Old Apr 9, 2023, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA,AA, WN
I was on the border of California and Arizona but in California. The nearest city was Yuma, AZ which sites on the border,hence the signal for the internet comes from Yuma, AZ.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 2:14 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
There are significant consumer protections involved if you are a California resident. They want to know so your account is flagged appropriately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.