Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What to do, must cancel but not spouse on same confirmation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2023, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k

I’ve got a flight from ORD back home to Seattle tomorrow evening. Already checked in earlier today.

I’m 100K, spouse is MVPG. Bought tickets (not an Alaska companion tickets) on same confirmation. I’m now needing to stay in Midwest for some work and thus need to cancel and will plan on flying home Friday afternoon. Spouse doesn’t need/want to stay extra day and wishes to head home on original itinerary.

Can I cancel my seat and get funds into my wallet and not simultaneously cancel my spouse’s seat?
Old Mar 29, 2023, 9:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriot LTG
Originally Posted by Xrayman
I’ve got a flight from ORD back home to Seattle tomorrow evening. Already checked in earlier today.

I’m 100K, spouse is MVPG. Bought tickets (not an Alaska companion tickets) on same confirmation. I’m now needing to stay in Midwest for some work and thus need to cancel and will plan on flying home Friday afternoon. Spouse doesn’t need/want to stay extra day and wishes to head home on original itinerary.

Can I cancel my seat and get funds into my wallet and not simultaneously cancel my spouse’s seat?
yes you should be able to split the PNR and cancel just your flight
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 9:13 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
You can even do it online. From Trips, click cancel. You will be given the option to cancel just one pax from the PNR. Click only you to cancel & continue.

James
Old Mar 30, 2023, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
You can even do it online. From Trips, click cancel. You will be given the option to cancel just one pax from the PNR. Click only you to cancel & continue.

James
Yes thanks. It was just that easy. Never had to do this before on short notice.

This is the best benefit and most value for me being at least gold on AS. My plans often change and the flexibility is priceless. Especially so I can travel with my family on some trips to make the grind less painful and instill in the kid the joys of travel and other cultures.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 1:26 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite

This is the best benefit and most value for me being at least gold on AS. My plans often change and the flexibility is priceless. Especially so I can travel with my family on some trips to make the grind less painful and instill in the kid the joys of travel and other cultures.
And while it was the best benefit of being gold for me as well, that became much less of a valuable perk when they dropped change fees for all at some point early on in the pandemic. So your status didn't do much to help you there.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 7:52 am

Where is the gold benifit? Anybody could have done this.
econ likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 11:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,

There was one trip where I was traveling with my partner (non-status). I had to cancel very last minute (t - 12 hours) but the upgrade for both of us had already been processed to F. Despite me needing to cancel, she kept her F upgrade and had a nice journey out to visit some old friends.
Flying for Fun likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.