Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Manually Build Reward Ticket Itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2023, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan (Silver), Air Miles, IHG Rewards (Platinum)
Manually Build Reward Ticket Itinerary

Hello. Based in YYC. Trying to get to MNL. Looking to fly SQ across the Pacific. Business Class. Reward Booking. Not too familiar with AS rules on reward bookings.

I see availability 16APR2023 LAX-SIN-MNL on SQ in J when searching online. If I search YYC-MNL on either 15 or 16 APR2023 no availability.

Can I phone in and manually build based on availability all on one award ticket for 100,000 miles even though that does not show as an option if searching entirely origin to destination?

e.g.: book this:

15APR2023 J AS2186 YYC1635 SEA1725
15APR2023 J AS0798 SEA1900 LAS2125
16APR2023 J AS3322 LAS1545 LAX1647
16APR2023 J SQ0035 LAX2120 SIN0530+2
18APR2023 J SQ0918 SIN1925 MNL2300

Last edited by YYC009; Jan 25, 2023 at 8:41 pm Reason: spelling error
Old Jan 26, 2023, 1:11 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Someone more experienced correct me if I'm wrong, but the reason this doesn't show up as available is that there is no saver (E/T) award availability from YYC-SEA-LAS-LAX on that date, so it's not combinable with the saver LAX-SIN-MNL award on one ticket. You'd have to book a positioning flight separately.
eponymous_coward and YYC009 like this.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by JetAirways77W
Someone more experienced correct me if I'm wrong, but the reason this doesn't show up as available is that there is no saver (E/T) award availability from YYC-SEA-LAS-LAX on that date, so it's not combinable with the saver LAX-SIN-MNL award on one ticket. You'd have to book a positioning flight separately.
Pretty much. “Manually build” does not make saver inventory appear like magic.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 6:56 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan - MVP Gold
Originally Posted by shuttlerider
I'm hoping to book a few cheap and cheerful transcons so I can hit Gold before a big overseas trip I'll be taking in spring. Depending on the site I check I'm either going to be just over or just under under the 40K mark. Does anyone know where AS gets the distances between 2 cities for the purpose crediting miles to MP?

Alternatively would anyone who's taken an AS flight from BOS, JFK or EWR care to share the amount of base miles they were credited to their MP account?

Thank you.
Shuttle
I've found it to be pretty accurate to https://www.greatcirclemap.com/?routes=SEA-BOS&unit=mi

I fly SEA-BOS regularly. 2496 base miles.
shuttlerider likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 10:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan (Silver), Air Miles, IHG Rewards (Platinum)
Originally Posted by JetAirways77W
So understanding the premise of the manual build, as long as there is saver availability I can still manually build an itinerary that does not showup on the Alaska website?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.