Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Let the Mileage Run Games Begin! (2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2023, 9:31 am

Programs: AS 75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by maradori
H ... a... l ... p .... I'm dying 🤣🤣🤣 it's only the 20th and I'm looking at the never ending list of trips ... 20, 21, break, 23, 24, 25, break .... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 1 .... a six day sleeping-in-the-airport marathon

I think once Jan 31 hits, I will look virtually indistinguishable from the homeless people who sleep at SFO
This is quite the ambitious schedule! Good luck - you can do it!
Old Jan 21, 2023, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
H ... a... l ... p .... I'm dying 🤣🤣🤣 it's only the 20th and I'm looking at the never ending list of trips ... 20, 21, break, 23, 24, 25, break .... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 1 .... a six day sleeping-in-the-airport marathon

I think once Jan 31 hits, I will look virtually indistinguishable from the homeless people who sleep at SFO
with all that self-inflicted pain, you might consider changing your screen name to “Maradori the Masochist” 🛫🛫
Old Jan 22, 2023, 1:38 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I just did two SFO BOS runs.

Jan 18 SFO BOS
Jan 18 BOS SFO
Jan 19 SFO BOS
Jan 20 BOS SFO

I slept at the Crowne Plaza SFO Jan 17 and Jan 18, but airport camped on Jan 20 before heading home yesterday on Caltrain and Amtrak. The same man was across the aisle from me Jan 18 SFO BOS and Jan 20 BOS SFO, but I didn't have the guts to ask if he was mileage running. Anyone want to 'fess up?

I "camped" at D12 Friday night.
anteater likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by boxo

Jan 18 SFO BOS
Jan 18 BOS SFO
Jan 19 SFO BOS
Jan 20 BOS SFO

I slept at the Crowne Plaza SFO Jan 17 and Jan 18, but airport camped on Jan 20 before heading home yesterday on Caltrain and Amtrak. The same man was across the aisle from me Jan 18 SFO BOS and Jan 20 BOS SFO, but I didn't have the guts to ask if he was mileage running. Anyone want to 'fess up?
Arghhh... I am too old for this stuff

I did "camp" at SFO once, back in 1989, on a multi-week backpacking trip through the western US. Still have nightmares of the cleaning staff vaccuming next to me and the automated overhead announcements of some sort every ten minutes or so.
boxo likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
First MR of the year is done. 2/2 on upgrades, so I can only hope I can keep those numbers up.

Time for work

-J.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 6:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AS MVP Gold 100K, Hilton Diamond(Amex), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Arghhh... I am too old for this stuff

I did "camp" at SFO once, back in 1989, on a multi-week backpacking trip through the western US. Still have nightmares of the cleaning staff vaccuming next to me and the automated overhead announcements of some sort every ten minutes or so.
Just missed you. Wrong reply. Sorry.

Last edited by macmedic; Jan 23, 2023 at 6:13 pm Reason: Wrong reply.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by macmedic
Just missed you. I was on the 17th and 21st flights :-)

Not me… boxo presumably
boxo likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 6:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AS MVP Gold 100K, Hilton Diamond(Amex), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by boxo

Jan 18 SFO BOS
Jan 18 BOS SFO
Jan 19 SFO BOS
Jan 20 BOS SFO

Just missed you. I was on the 17th and 21st flights :-)
boxo likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 9:30 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
In all my years, ONE TIME, I got stranded in an airport terminal. That was totally involuntary (a celebrity was partially to blame); staying overnight was not for miles!

Any of you FS's (Frequent Seatwarmers) planning to be on the BOS-SFO on the29th?
Old Jan 23, 2023, 10:39 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
I don't think I can do it my butt hurts so much already LOL I'm definitely going to cancel a few of these x__x this was way too ambitious. I think I might cancel Wednesday for example - I think two days in a row is the max I can tolerate x_x

These transcons are absolute killer x_x It's actually more comfortable sleeping on the floor of SFO than to sit in First Class

edit: next year, if I'm putting myself through this gauntlet again, I'm going to look carefully at the booking screen. How in the heck did I not see the redeye?

For my bumbum's sake, I think I need to find a new MR strategy that doesn't involve sitting for 6 hours. I swear in a past life (or maybe last year ), I used to find decent cpm flying to Alaska like SFO-PDX-SEA-ANC-FAI and back - or something like that. If anyone can share tips/advice/life experience/strategy/pointers publicly or privately how to do multi-segment SFO-Alaska that can consistently get good cpm, I'd be in your debt
ssk244 likes this.

Last edited by maradori; Jan 23, 2023 at 10:52 pm
Old Jan 24, 2023, 12:17 am

I don't think I can do it my butt hurts so much already LOL I'm definitely going to cancel a few of these x__x
You gotta find someone with your same name who you can pay to fly your MRs for you 😆

Just kidding, of course. Don’t do that.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 12:59 am

Programs: Tribe 54 Sweat Lodge 12
Just in case someone missed it, there's a premium fare thread for F on BA: BA First Class / YVR-JNB $4,610 USD for ez "run" (and vacation, if you so choose).
Book it thru BA code for that sweet sweet J / A class with 250% EQM & 350-450% RDM for YYC-JNB.

It's not the best ratio you'll find (I've done ~20 EQM/$ RT to ANC, MC fare cuz idfw BE) at ~12 EQM/$ but it is international F and better than the PE or BC ratio for that route. (The other "round the world" thread on AA/QF/JL can net you ~14.5 eqm/$ in BC I think.) Ample availability, and you can net near 60k eqm (plus 104k-140k rdm) in one trip.

I took one weekend red-eye overnight ANC run in those domestic "first class" and I'm fkn exhausted already lmao--def worth just staying nt in a hotel--so if you're like me, here's an easier way to make 100K this year. (Plus the a-la-carte experience//flex of int'l F & concorde room @ LHR ...)

On a side note: AS purging covid status is a +++ lmao, whew. 3/4 U the 1st run, and 5/5 the 2nd.
leroix likes this.

Last edited by beamerbenzbentli; Jan 24, 2023 at 1:22 am
Old Jan 24, 2023, 2:59 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 75
Originally Posted by doublemazaa
You gotta find someone with your same name who you can pay to fly your MRs for you 😆

Just kidding, of course. Don’t do that.
Alaska needs to create a web application focused on mileage runners with the Top-10 lowest CPM routes and an occasional offer to pay an additional 10% NOT to fly a purchased ticket but retain the EQM and RDM miles lol
Old Jan 24, 2023, 7:35 am

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K

That's my calendar for Jan/Feb.. M/W/F essential trips. Tu/Th/Sat MR. Sunday entire day at home (finally). I don't know how many MR I can do this year, but I will try to keep at least 75k..

Last edited by 985X; Jan 24, 2023 at 2:35 pm
Old Jan 24, 2023, 9:01 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Good Lord, I thought I flew a lot. I have 6 segments worth of mini-mileage runs to get Gold status back, but this pales in comparision to everyone else here. At least I'm sleeping in Seattle hotels every night and not on airport floors. Staying a the Even in SLU for 4x IHG points as well for a bonus.

1/13/23 - CMH-SEA, miles, upgraded to F
1/15/23 - SEA-CMH, revenue, GGUed already
1/27/23 - CMH-SEA, revenue, GGUed already
1/29/23 - SEA-CMH, revenue, GGUed already
2/10/23 - CMH-SEA, revenue, GGUed already
2/12/23 - SEA-CMH, revenue, GGUed already

So that will only get me to 10k AS miles and Gold, but 4 GGUs are worth it as I am a bit bored until 3/1/23 when AA status re-ups.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.