Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Not Happy with Alaska (But Satisfied with Resolution)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not Happy with Alaska (But Satisfied with Resolution)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2023, 5:03 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
If its a month out, then its a deadheading pilot. Even with my super deep ties to Alaska & folks "who would be in the know", the downgrades are handled at the airport. If you don't to move out of First Class, then don't - and check in RIGHT at the 24 hour mark. That should increase your chances of NOT getting bumped.
philemer and anteater like this.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
If its a month out, then its a deadheading pilot. Even with my super deep ties to Alaska & folks "who would be in the know", the downgrades are handled at the airport. If you don't to move out of First Class, then don't - and check in RIGHT at the 24 hour mark. That should increase your chances of NOT getting bumped.
Why can’t they just say that then rather than lie about it being a different plane. I even double checked my original email confirmation and it’s the same plane they claim it was switched to. Strange
Old Jan 7, 2023, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Phoebe25
Why can’t they just say that then rather than lie about it being a different plane. I even double checked my original email confirmation and it’s the same plane they claim it was switched to. Strange
The agent might just have seen this scenario be more commonly triggered by aircraft type changes, and so they just assumed that was the case here instead of investigating.
Phoebe25 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.