Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

First class redemption on BA - connecting itineraries issue

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2023, 12:51 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Hi,

I can see through expertflyer that there is availability on Jan 7th on a LHR-JFK in BA F. I am trying to connect from Oslo, which also shows availability in J. However, when I ctry to input OSL JFK I only get results in J and not in F. Is this a known issue and if so what is the workaround?

Thanks!
Old Jan 5, 2023, 1:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by proton82
Hi,

I can see through expertflyer that there is availability on Jan 7th on a LHR-JFK in BA F. I am trying to connect from Oslo, which also shows availability in J. However, when I ctry to input OSL JFK I only get results in J and not in F. Is this a known issue and if so what is the workaround?

Thanks!
When searching for JFK-LHR, I only see F award space on AA, not BA.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 2:52 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL GM
I'm not super familiar with the routing rules for BA awards, but if I were you I would buy the LHR-JFK segment in F to lock that in and then call reservations and ask to add the first segment onto the booking. Ask to talk directly to someone at the partner desk if the agent you get doesn't know what they are doing or seems confused. Worst case scenario, you can cancel and get your miles back, but note that the partner booking fee of $12.50 is not refundable (but you might get it back if you cancel within 24h of booking).

Last edited by snsec; Jan 5, 2023 at 2:53 pm Reason: Add additional info.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 4:28 pm

Programs: Oneworld (Emerald)
I can see through expertflyer that there is availability on Jan 7th on a LHR-JFK in BA F.
Are you using the "Flight Availability" search instead of the "Award & Upgrade Availability" search on ExpertFlyer? EF removed the ability to search for BA awards some time ago, per an announcement in post 2701 in the ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread. Revenue F availability will not indicate award space.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 5:31 pm

Hi,

Thanks!
You are correct. I see the same things. BA 183 is available in first on January 7th when searching LHR-JFK, but is not available when connecting same day from Oslo. As suggested, you could redeem the LHR-JFK nonstop, then call in to get the Oslo leg added. Worse case, you cancel and it costs you $12.50 partner fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.