Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lap Infant and Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2023, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Lap Infant and Upgrades

I apologize if this is answered elsewhere, but I can't seem to find a clear answer on AS' website or here. I'm a 100k on AS and my spouse is a MVP. We recently had our first child and we are planning a few trips in the coming months (HI and East Coast from SEA). We will have a 3-month infant, likely in lap. We prefer to be in first so that we have more room (I know everyone hates a baby in first, but I've tolerated it for many years - so it's my turn now).

Question: Am I still eligible for complimentary upgrades with my spouse and a lap infant on one reservation? My guess is that the infant isn't considered a "companion" but couldn't find anything on it. I don't want to split the reservation.

If not eligible for complimentary upgrades, I'm assuming that I can use GGU for me and my spouse (and hopefully none for the in lap infant).

Thank everyone and happy new year.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 3:43 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100K
No, your lap infant is not counted as another companion. I usually just add my kid when I check my bag at the airport.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 9:59 am

Programs: alaska, united, marriott, hilton
We got upgraded several times with a lap infant. Sometimes it gets weird when we get upgraded to 1A and 4C though.. but someone always will switch in that case
Bellerina likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.