Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

SAN - No Jet A Available, AS (and Others) Making Fuel Stops (From 12/29/2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAN - No Jet A Available, AS (and Others) Making Fuel Stops (From 12/29/2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2023, 5:04 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by navydevildoc
It's also affecting multiple carriers, not just AS. You lucked out on your SWA flight is all.
I agree. Most WN flights are already short hops. If inbound and outbound are both long flights, WN will likely need a refuel stop or cancel. Seem today’s flight for all MDW and BWI bound flights are coming from short CA in-bound (except one from BOI). Will be interesting what they do with BNA bound flight with one coming from DAL. It is operated by 73M however.

Jiburi
Old Jan 2, 2023, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
My first flight of 2023 is SAN-MCO on the 8th, just hope they have this sorted out by then. Otherwise I guess I get to look forward to sitting on the plane in ELP looking out the window...
Old Jan 3, 2023, 10:11 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by twitch76
AS 895 (SAN- HNL) diverted to OAK yesterday and today.

In a case like this, do you get miles based on original routing or actual butt-in-seat miles?
I had a diversion due to weather earlier this year and I was credited the miles based on actual butt-in-seat miles / extra segment without asking.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by navydevildoc
My first flight of 2023 is SAN-MCO on the 8th, just hope they have this sorted out by then. Otherwise I guess I get to look forward to sitting on the plane in ELP looking out the window...
Better ELP than some other airports I can think of but AS SOP is to plan for an alternate fuel stop at an online AS station to minimize interruptions.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 11:40 pm

Alaska needed fuel stops on E75L but not on Boeing ones. Got my E75L from SAN-PAE changed to SAN-SEA Boeing 737 with similar timings and reached an hour earlier .
Old Jan 4, 2023, 7:08 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by JustAnotherGuy001
Alaska needed fuel stops on E75L but not on Boeing ones. Got my E75L from SAN-PAE changed to SAN-SEA Boeing 737 with similar timings and reached an hour earlier .
Its quite possible that Alaska is tankering fuel into SAN as to not need fuel stops on the return leg.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 7:17 am

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
AS895 (SAN-HNL) diverted to OAK on Sunday (Jan 1) and Monday (Jan 2). Yesterday (Jan 3), it diverted to LAX, trimming about 45 minutes off from its total transit time as compared to the day before. Today (Jan 4), it's showing a 2-hr departure delay already, so I suspect they've negotiated a refueling spot somewhere.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 12:54 am

Programs: AA LT GLD, AS 75K, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by lily23
I had a diversion due to weather earlier this year and I was credited the miles based on actual butt-in-seat miles / extra segment without asking.
I had MCO-SAN diverted to ONT about a year ago and my account was credited as MCO-ONT. I didn't bother trying to claim the 22 lost miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.