Wiki Posts
Search

Carry on cabin luggage

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2023, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Carry on cabin luggage

First time Alaskan traveller, flying in First domestic.

I will have a standard size cabin bag, plus a rucksack. Are Alaskan really strict on cabin sizes and weights?

am I likely to be OK, or do I need to check to the mm/inch on compliance?
Old Jan 1, 2023, 2:38 pm

Programs: AS 75K
As long as one of them fits under the seat in front of you it should be fine. As far as strict, I wouldn't say ANY airline is strict given the crazy amounts of stuff I see people carrying through the airside portion of airports.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 3:03 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by mclachlan4321
First time Alaskan traveller, flying in First domestic.

I will have a standard size cabin bag, plus a rucksack. Are Alaskan really strict on cabin sizes and weights?

am I likely to be OK, or do I need to check to the mm/inch on compliance?
you should be just fine.
Be aware that bulk head seats ( Row 1) must store all items up during take off and landing.
mclachlan4321 likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 5:04 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100K, Avis Presidents Club, Life Member VFW Post 10029
You should be fine, but that being said, some of the older aircraft have smaller overhead bins and not the spacious bins. As long as your bag isn't stuffed to excess, it should fit.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 5:33 pm

Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
Alaska is so lax about this it's laughable. I've seen FA assist passengers cramming bags into overhead bins that were obviously too big. I've also seen people carry full size suitcases through security and so they can gate check them for free as soon as the GA announces that they're looking for volunteers to check bags. So, all of that to say, you should be fine.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 6:31 pm

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
I sit in Row 1 and I use a roll-aboard (14"W x 8"D x 21"T.) as well as a 20 inch duffel...the duffel would fit under a seat if necessary but in 1 they more or less give you two bags in the overhead. There's a coat of some sort as well. The roll-aboard fits easily into any of the AS overhead bins.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.