Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS2811 No elites upgraded, waitlist given FC, pushed back with 4 empty

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS2811 No elites upgraded, waitlist given FC, pushed back with 4 empty

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2022, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines
AS2188 No elites upgraded, waitlist given FC, pushed back with 4 empty

What a joke.

I should've asked the GAs as something seemed off as expertflyer showed 11/12 seats empty in FC and upgrade list didn't process at T-1hr.

The at gate, the "awaiting seats" list all started getting first class. There were empty seats in coach.

Expert flyer still showed several empty in FC but I foolishly figured the GAs knew something I didn't so I went along with it.

We pushed back with 4 empty FC seats and I was sitting in row 6 with a MMer and 100k.

The flight crew was asked several times by the 100k at the gate why he wasn't being upgraded and they played dumb, as if the concept of an upgrade list was completely foreign to them.

Whats the point of status? What's the point of doing this mileage run I'm doing today? If they're just going to be so blatantly incompetent in recognizing their elites?

​​​​

Last edited by nearlysober; Nov 20, 2022 at 10:01 am
Old Nov 20, 2022, 10:01 am

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Passenger names of QXC sure make me think that was QX crew.
be_rettSEA and Intl359Widget like this.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: lots of little things
Please send that feedback via Alaska Listens and ask to speak to a supervisor or manager next time you fly out of whatever station this was, to share your disappointment objectively. It's about the only thing of value you can do now.

There were QXC crew members who may have been contractually due FC, but not certain. Assuming they were, there still appears to be evidence of loyalty-eroding actions. That matters.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 11:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
This sucks, but why would you not check in with the GAs as soon as you get to the gate when there is so clearly an error in the upgrade processor?
Old Nov 20, 2022, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines
It was out of SeaTac so not some small outstation gate crew. Yes I should've checked with GA when I sensed a problem but it was 7am and not using great judgment.

I understand the QXC folks may have been obligated but to take off with 4 empty FC seats and elites waiting upgrades was just pure incompetence on AS behalf.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 11:52 am

Programs: Yes
My hunch is that AS is having more than localized IT issues this weekend. 🤙🏻😞
TheBeerHunter, wrp96 and Kacee like this.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 11:57 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, United MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
It has been happening at least since yesterday--see thread link below

13 FC seats NO upgrades
Old Nov 20, 2022, 12:18 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
The Sperry UNIVAC upgrade processor needs to be rebooted. I sincerely hope that someone asks Ben about this during the Flyer Forum.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 12:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by navydevildoc
The Sperry UNIVAC upgrade processor needs to be rebooted. I sincerely hope that someone asks Ben about this during the Flyer Forum.
I understand someone may have fed in a mangled punchcard.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Kacee
I understand someone may have fed in a mangled punchcard.
The OP's chad was hanging all the way back to the main cabin.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 1:03 pm

Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
You'd be doing a service to everyone if you complained about this and reported back.
nearlysober likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 1:44 pm

similar happened to me today from LAS to sfo. 5 or so F seats were available all the way until boarding. A few of them mysteriously disappeared last minute and gate agent upgraded 2 people from the list 1 minute before boarding. Seems like upgrade processor is broken.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 2:35 pm

Programs: Alaska 75k
Seems like they fixed it. 6 F seats on the late afternoon JFK-SFO today and all upgrades went through at T-3.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 2:37 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by burningflames
Seems like they fixed it. 6 F seats on the late afternoon JFK-SFO today and all upgrades went through at T-3.
Just got an automated upgrade too, T-2 hours.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 1:38 am

Programs: AS 100K
Processor never ran on AS 353 (ORD-ANC) 20 Nov. 4/12 open J at T-36. Stayed that way all the way to boarding when a gate agent manually upgraded in the proper order. Cheers to the gate agent for picking up the slack, but yeah, this needs to be fixed.
beckoa, wrp96 and anteater like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.