Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Did Your Status Benefits Come Thru @ 12AM 1/1/23?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Did Your Status Benefits Come Thru @ 12AM 1/1/23?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2023, 8:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by mtofell
I'm talking about 75K benefits (that were already delayed from their normal delivery time) not 100K choice (see my OP). I get that I'm probably expecting too much but if I tell a customer I will have something to them at the beginning of the year it will be there on or before 1/1/23.
I'm surprised your 75k benefits were delayed. I received the 50k miles and lounge passes when I passed 75k. The AA upgrade I'm not expecting that soon, as it took them so long to get it going last year.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
I'm surprised your 75k benefits were delayed. I received the 50k miles and lounge passes when I passed 75k. The AA upgrade I'm not expecting that soon, as it took them so long to get it going last year.
Yeah, AS made a mess of things with 2023 qualifying. There are some other threads focused on the issue specifically but the main thing is they offered some bonus EQMs that don't count for 50K bonus miles or lounge passes for flying through California and it seems those of us that were unlucky enough to do so have had our accounts flagged and delayed while the IT gods at AS verify us each to be sure we qualified without the bonus "lite EQMs".
Old Jan 2, 2023, 3:11 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
Just my 2 cents… CA bonus EQMs are not better or worse than apologetic EQMs… why not just treat EQMs as EQMs…
mtofell likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by lonelygod
Just my 2 cents… CA bonus EQMs are not better or worse than apologetic EQMs… why not just treat EQMs as EQMs…
Because you’d have a bunch of folks doing 10-11 round trip $99 each way JFK-SFO transcons and getting 50,000 extra miles. They don’t want to sell 75K status AND a bunch of miles that cheap. Simply put they know that FT is full of people who would run over their grandma for a cheap way to fly QR or JL F and will “maximize” this kind of promo.
maradori likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 9:34 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Because you’d have a bunch of folks doing 10-11 round trip $99 each way JFK-SFO transcons and getting 50,000 extra miles. They don’t want to sell 75K status AND a bunch of miles that cheap. Simply put they know that FT is full of people who would run over their grandma for a cheap way to fly QR or JL F and will “maximize” this kind of promo.
Agreed. AS has gotten more tactical with bonus EQM.
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 10:18 am

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by remyjette
​​​To me anywhere in January is "the beginning of the year". Even February if I'm stretching it.
I assume AS will send out the email [for the 100k elite choice] sometime in January per their Ts&Cs:
¹¹Benefit selection is valid only for Alaska Airlines MVP® Gold 100K members who met the published qualification criteria, including both the required elite qualifying miles or total segments, and the minimum number of Alaska operated segments. Members who earned status via promotions, status match, or status gifts are not eligible. Qualified members may select one option from the list of available benefits for that program year. Benefit options are subject to change without notice. Benefit selection must be made by January 31, 2023 for the 2023 program year or no choice benefit will be awarded. Benefit selection is final, and your choice cannot be changed once selected. Benefits chosen are for the qualified elite member only, and cannot be gifted to other individuals, with the exception of the nomination to MVP Gold status. All Mileage Plan terms and conditions apply.'
Hopefully AS can get the link/mechanism out a few days before the month's end.

Source
https://archive.ph/VZfOK
Old Jan 2, 2023, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Just did a Chat w/AS and was told my 75K benefits would post "by the end of the month". Seems pretty ridiculous but I suppose I'll find a way to use 4 lounge passes in 11 months.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 3:38 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Just did a Chat w/AS and was told my 75K benefits would post "by the end of the month". Seems pretty ridiculous but I suppose I'll find a way to use 4 lounge passes in 11 months.
I wouldn't be surprised if you got 23 months. I requalified for 75K on Jan 9th, 2021 with the 2020 carryover EQM & got the 4 lounge passes with a December 2022 expiry; two of those expired unused. I still have 4 expiring in December 2023 from requalifying for 75K on March 9th last year. It is one benefit that I don't get any value from.

James
anteater likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 8:31 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Data point - passed 75k in mid december, lounge passes posted immediately. 50k bonus posted today, but backdated to 12/31.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 9:49 am

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
still struggling to get my 50K from them

repeated chats promise them but no actual postings

all the other 75K benefits came through on day
of qualification
mtofell likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by boycruz
still struggling to get my 50K from them

repeated chats promise them but no actual postings

all the other 75K benefits came through on day
of qualification
That's strange and yet another sign of messed up system. In the past the 50K bonus miles and lounge passes have always been together.... I'm still waiting for both.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 6:42 pm

That's strange and yet another sign of messed up system. In the past the 50K bonus miles and lounge passes have always been together.... I'm still waiting for both.
and my date of qualification was dec 15
Old Jan 5, 2023, 12:18 pm

different answers different days

now told mid january for the 50K

wow what a struggle to get these this year
why are they so reluctant to do this?
mtofell likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 12:25 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by boycruz;[url=tel:34895977
34895977[/url]]different answers different days

now told mid january for the 50K

wow what a struggle to get these this year
why are they so reluctant to do this?
They are gambling the RDM on crypto! /s
samosa likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 1:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by anteater
They are gambling the RDM on crypto! /s
No, that's Northern Pacific
anteater likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.