Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Infant lap booking

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2024, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by jaxapax1
Has anyone had success with LATAM and Alaska MR award tickets? I'm getting the old runaround from LATAM and Alaska
just curious to know about your experience adding an infant to a LATAM award? I'm on the same boat
Old Jan 15, 2024, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MVP Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by rune87
Per multiple discussions I've had with Alaska at this point...because I'll be travelling with a new born this summer on award tickets....The child must have a seat. Lap Infants are not an option whatsoever on Partner Awards. I've spoken with about 10 different agents, and 2 supervisors. Its been pretty clear messaging on that front.
Alaska will tell you that ten times out of ten. People have had luck going directly to the partners after booking. Seemingly might vary based on who you talk to at the partner.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 9:29 am

Anyone have recent luck adding a lap infant on Korean Air?
Old Mar 17, 2024, 9:35 pm

Programs: United 1K, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Titanium
First time booking LATAM this month; it has been a complete mess with lap infants for me. I tried multiple times amending an award but gave up. When I reached out to LATAM directly, they refused to add lap infants to tickets booked by "third parties" (the agents I talked to didn't recognize it was an Alaska award for what it's worth).

For paid tickets - solely LATAM-operated flights are ok. But for a paid ticket where there is a codeshare (connecting US flight operated by Alaska), they have been unable to confirm the infant ticket even when I book it on their website. The latest rationale is that Alaska refuses to allow lap infants...

At this point, I'm inclined to book via the American Express International Airline Program and have them work it out for me.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 4:44 am

Programs: AS Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starriott LTPP
Any experiences adding lap infant to Aer Lingus award booking in business?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.