Wiki Posts
Search

MVP Nomination Upon Reaching 75K Gone?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2024, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

MVP Nomination Upon Reaching 75K Gone?

Hi friends,

I hope I'm not just acting blind or incompetent, but I was wondering: wasn't nominating someone else to regular MVP status upon reaching MVP 75k a benefit before?

I swear I thought I remember seeing it listed as an elite benefit on Alaska's website as recently as earlier this month. I just earned 75k status for 2024-25 this week (thanks 2xEQM!) and have been looking at the website the past week and have noticed that gifting MVP status is no longer listed. It's still partly mentioned in the notes as one of the 100k benefit choices is that you can gift MVP GOLD status to someone else, where if you had already chosen someone for MVP upon reaching 75K that person would automatically be the person receiving the new status. But the 75k nomination for MVP seems to be gone now. Did they remove that benefit, or am I just being a dummy (which is usually the case)?

Here is Alaska's website page where I thought I used to see it: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...rship-benefits

Last edited by Ryan Airhead; Feb 23, 2024 at 4:47 pm Reason: Added website link for reference
Old Feb 23, 2024, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

And as another note, through Google I can still pull up the "Gold75K Nomination Form" to nominate someone else as a regular MVP. So it looks like the functionality may still exist but it's just not being marketed or linked to as a current benefit of reaching 75K. I'm hesitant to fill out the form and send anything, however, as a small part of my mind is wondering if this benefit removal has anything to do with upcoming changes to new milestone benefit choices that the program said they would announce later this year (in which case if they make it a choice between MVP nomination or something better I'll go with that instead; good luck to my travel companion in all her future endeavors )
Old Feb 23, 2024, 5:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I nominated a family member earlier this year successfully as a MVPG100K.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 8:22 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, Hilton Diamond
As a 75K, I recently nominated someone to MVP. It took less than 2 weeks for it to take effect.
beckoa likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 1:22 pm

I nominated someone a few weeks ago without a problem.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Hmm. I think I completely forgot about that benefit. Does AS send reminders out to newly qualified MVP75Ks?
Old Feb 24, 2024, 3:51 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
The link is on this page:

https://www.alaskaair.com/account/membership-benefits
Old Feb 24, 2024, 8:57 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by beckoa
I nominated a family member earlier this year successfully as a MVPG100K.
Not Gold?
Old Feb 24, 2024, 9:11 pm

I realize it’s not clear but there is an interesting footnote 14 on the following page:

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...nefits-section

¹⁴ If you select this benefit option, the individual you nominated for MVP status upon your MVP® Gold 75K qualification will be upgraded to MVP Gold until the end of the program year. If you didn't nominate anyone to MVP status after qualifying for MVP® Gold 75K, you can select an individual to nominate to MVP Gold. Gifted status will be effective within 2 weeks of selection. For members qualifying for 100K in the current calendar year, the end of the program year is December 31 of the following program year.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 7:39 am

Just want to see if I’m reading the fine print correctly. If you gift someone MVP Gold when you reach MVP Gold 75k, they will have gold status through the end of that calendar year. But if you gift someone MVP Gold when you reach MVP Gold 100k, they will have gold status through the end of the following calendar year. Does that sound right?
Old Mar 27, 2024, 8:41 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

@acarolena Welcome to FlyerTalk.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 9:07 am

Hi -

In the old days (when it was clearly listed on the benefits page), Upon reaching 75K, you could nominate someone to MVP. While that still appears to be active, it is not promoted. Upon reaching 100K, they do list nominating someone to Gold 40K as a choice benefit (although most people take either an additional 50,000 miles or the Lounge+ membership).
vanillabean and Seattle123 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.