Community
Wiki Posts
Search

13 FC seats NO upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2022, 1:14 pm

Programs: Mileage Plan
Just curious, what should one do when the upgrades haven't cleared but they're selling the open seats at gate? I don't wanna sound like a jerk on a phone or to the agents who deal with this a lot lately.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 1:23 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by mfolf;[url=tel:34772808
34772808]Just curious, what should one do when the upgrades haven't cleared but they're selling the open seats at gate? I don't wanna sound like a jerk on a phone or to the agents who deal with this a lot lately.
It sounds like you’re already under gate control, ~ T 1.5 hours. If so, a phone agent won’t be able to assist with a complimentary upgrade.

I would ask the GA if they have processed the FC WL yet.

If they state that they haven’t or they must hold the seats in order to facilitate the sale of upgrades, that’s where you have some discretion, as they shouldn’t sell upgrades until the WL is empty.

1) Accept the status quo and complain to CC post flight

2) Purchase the UG and request reimbursement post flight

Personally, I wouldn’t correct / challenge airport staff as results may be limited.

YMMV.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 1:31 pm

Programs: Mileage Plan
Originally Posted by anteater
It sounds like you’re already under gate control, ~ T 1.5 hours. If so, a phone agent won’t be able to assist with a complimentary upgrade.

I would ask the GA if they have processed the FC WL yet.

If they state that they haven’t or they must hold the seats in order to facilitate the sale of upgrades, that’s where you have some discretion, as they shouldn’t sell upgrades until the WL is empty.

1) Accept the status quo and complain to CC post flight

2) Purchase the UG and request reimbursement post flight

Personally, I wouldn’t correct / challenge airport staff as results may be limited.

YMMV.
What's the succes rate of reimbursement and how does Customer Care respond to the complaints?
Old Nov 20, 2022, 1:44 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by mfolf
What's the succes rate of reimbursement and how does Customer Care respond to the complaints?
I have no personal experience with this; other pax on FT have posted that they do. If it were me and I was #1 or #1+#2 (companion) on WL with limited J space and a GA who intended to sell upgrades prior to clearing the FC WL, I would document the flight status, pay for the UG, and then contact CC. I would hope AS would do the right thing and reimburse the pax, but I don't believe they are liable to do so.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 2:44 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by anteater
I have no personal experience with this; other pax on FT have posted that they do. If it were me and I was #1 or #1+#2 (companion) on WL with limited J space and a GA who intended to sell upgrades prior to clearing the FC WL, I would document the flight status, pay for the UG, and then contact CC. I would hope AS would do the right thing and reimburse the pax, but I don't believe they are liable to do so.
I’m one of those that have, and your advice above is spot on. They’ve always done the right thing by me, and at least 4x that I remember, possibly 5.

I don’t think there’s an official policy that they have to, but I’ve certainly never been denied it. They know there’s a problem, but they never fix the root cause…
anteater likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 3:09 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Upgrade cleared ONT-SEA T-2 for me yesterday, so the processor was working at least a little bit. Holiday traffic has started, so Im thinking they're holding the seats for those desperate last minute travellers.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 7:44 pm

Programs: AS100K, AS Lounge+, Marriott Plat, SBUXG, GE, Costco Exec, Amazon Prime, Nat Parks Yearly Pass
Originally Posted by mfolf
I will always call in first and ask for manual processing of the UG list. Agents offering to process the list has dropped off significantly, as already discussed... but it does still occasionally occur. If not, I have resorted to purchasing the UG (twice), and I have been reimbursed (twice) by Customer Care.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 8:02 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Delta PM, AA EXP, Wannabe SkyWest 1K
Originally Posted by QT31415
Holiday traffic has started, so Im thinking they're holding the seats for those desperate last minute travellers.
You're overestimating the capabilities of Alaska IT. The floppy disk that stores the upgrade processor's code probably got lost.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 8:21 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Originally Posted by PotomacApproach
You're overestimating the capabilities of Alaska IT. The floppy disk that stores the upgrade processor's code probably got lost.

100k and 10 deep on flight this Wednesday (before thanksgiving). It’s a busy season and time of year where airlines need to maximize revenue opportunities. It’s good business operations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.