Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Legal same day confirmed change?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2022, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Legal same day confirmed change?

Does anyone know if I can switch an ord-sea ticket to ord-sea-sna-pae via a same day confirmed change?

The alaska website/app offers ord-sea-sna-pae as a valid routing.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 6:44 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by JJAnon;[url=tel:34728666
34728666[/url]]Does anyone know if I can switch an ord-sea ticket to ord-sea-sna-pae via a same day confirmed change?

The alaska website/app offers ord-sea-sna-pae as a valid routing.
No, that is not a SDC. That would violate routing rules.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Thanks anteater . That seemed too easy interesting that the website sells it as a valid fare though.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 7:08 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold
Unfortunately the SDC Rules are a little more restrictive than "whatever Alaska's routing engine dreams up"

I think the relevant rule is below:

You must keep the same origin, destination, thru, and connection cities. Co-terminal changes are not allowed.
Full rules are here: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...flight-changes
JJAnon likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by JJAnon
Thanks anteater . That seemed too easy interesting that the website sells it as a valid fare though.
Unlike the big 3 AS still allows end on end ticketing.

Last edited by Aliquot; Nov 2, 2022 at 7:28 pm
Old Nov 2, 2022, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aliquot
Unlike the big 3 AS still allows end on end ticketing.

They all allow it, they just don't show end-on-end combinations as readily as AS does. There are some routes on other carriers where the cheapest Basic and Main cabin fares don't allow end-on-end construction and you have to upfare to somewhat higher ones that permit end-on-end combinations (or they may allow end-on-end combinations on cheapest fares, but only for roundtrip A-B-A type combinations, and not linear A-B-C routing combinations like above).

OP, you can see whether or not AS is quoting multiple fare components or not by clicking on "View all fare rules" link. See sample below for your routing and will see there are actually 3 separate fare components involved. The routing you describe is not valid on any single fare component and is only possible by combining multiple fares together on one ticket. You can't really expect to SDC to such a routing when you purchase flights on a single fare component given the routing is not valid for the fare you originally purchased.

JJAnon, cmx and PlowJockey like this.

Last edited by xliioper; Nov 2, 2022 at 8:20 pm
Old Nov 2, 2022, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

TIL about end on end ticketing. Thanks all.
cmx likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.