Alaska Lounge Access

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2022, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Alaska Lounge Access

Hi All,

I'm a BA Gold / OneWorld Emerald.

Took an internal from SAN the other week, and was refused access to the Aspire in SAN. This is despite (a) flying First and (b) being Emerald - Alaska Airlines on the front door (with BA, AA and JAL). This was resolved with a Priority Pass, but I'm wondering if this now a 'thing'?

Same issue in LAS the other month too. Denied access to TheClub, on the grounds of 'contracting issues' - luckily Centurion to the rescue!
Old Nov 2, 2022, 3:51 pm

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ai...cies-and-rules

Basically complicated lounge policies but I dont think flying F gets your access to partner lounges, only AS lounges themselves IIRC. I think you need a Lounge+ membership to do that. Aspire isnt a OW lounge so not access based on status. But honestly things change so much I can't keep up with what lounges allow access vs not anymore.
navydevildoc likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 4:56 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
olouie is correct. Aspire is a contract lounge, and the only way your OE Emerald plays in is if you were flying on BA or JAL out of SAN that day. Those airlines pay for the OE access.

Otherwise, it's Admirals Club, Alaska Lounge+, Amex Plat, and Priority Pass only.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 4:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thanks guys! I thought as much!
Old Nov 3, 2022, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=SAN

Access only for PAX flying:
  • American Airlines (If 'international')
  • British Airways
  • Japan Airlines

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.