Alaska + Lyft Partnership

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2022, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k - UA Premier Gold - AA Platinum Pro
Alaska + Lyft Partnership

Happened upon this today:

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/le...le-miles-terms

Sounds like 2 miles per dollar through the end of the year, but I wonder if we will continue to earn 1 mile per dollar after that?

I would love to see a lasting partnership like this. I've been linked to Delta previously, but this is obviously preferable.
be_rettSEA and HungryNomad like this.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Email from AS:

We're teaming up with Lyft so you can earn miles wherever you go. Mileage Plan™ members earn 1 mile for every $1 spent on Lyft rides when you link your Mileage Plan and Lyft accounts. Plus, to celebrate our exciting new partnership, earn double miles through December 31, 2022.*

Link your accounts to earn on every ride. It's as simple as signing into your Alaska and Lyft accounts.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 11:19 am

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Not to derail the discussion into Lyft service standards, but I have pretty much given up on ride sharing. Crazy expensive, inconsistent service times, drivers who call and straight up say they aren't going to do the ride because of whatever reason. I'll either just Taxi it from the airport, or more likely just get a rental.
HungryNomad and Ilove2fly like this.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Looks like I have had a Lyft account for 5.5 years... and never used it. I did use Uber maybe a dozen times over the same period (primarily because I also use it for UberEats to use the $15 Amex credit ... and generally have a few extra bucks from discounted Uber giftcards in my account). So... not expecting to get rich on this new offer. But I linked the accounts.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 11:29 am

Programs: Alaska 75K MVP, Former United Premier 1K / American EXP
Originally Posted by navydevildoc
Not to derail the discussion into Lyft service standards, but I have pretty much given up on ride sharing. Crazy expensive, inconsistent service times, drivers who call and straight up say they aren't going to do the ride because of whatever reason. I'll either just Taxi it from the airport, or more likely just get a rental.
It's definitely gotten expensive. However, if I'm in a rush, this sweetens the pot just a little bit.
mtofell likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 11:43 am

Very nice, better than the DL partnership since AS miles are still pretty useful.
cmx and salut0 like this.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: AS 75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Excited about this! I previously had linked Delta/Hilton (back when you could double dip) then changed it just to Hilton but AS miles are FAR more useful and lucrative for me. This coupled with the 10x points for using CSR makes me use Lyft over Uber.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 4:17 pm

Just linked my accounts. Wish this happened last week though since I just spent like $100 in lyfts this past weekend
anteater and HungryNomad like this.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
I've found Lyft w/ Wait & Save (~$35 + tip) to consistently be cheaper to Downtown Seattle compared to Uber (~$45 + tip), often beating the Flat Rate Cabs ($40 + tip). Doesn't beat light rail on cost, but then you're on the train for 40 minutes so ...

The double dip with Chase cards (10x CSR, 5x Freedom/Ink/etc.) is nice too.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 8:40 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Originally Posted by Polytonic
I've found Lyft w/ Wait & Save (~$35 + tip) to consistently be cheaper to Downtown Seattle compared to Uber (~$45 + tip), often beating the Flat Rate Cabs ($40 + tip). Doesn't beat light rail on cost, but then you're on the train for 40 minutes so ...

The double dip with Chase cards (10x CSR, 5x Freedom/Ink/etc.) is nice too.

Stopped taking Uber or Lyft from SeaTac garage pickup before pandemic because it took 20 -30 minutes for car to wind its way to the pickup level. Hopefully things have gotten better. Train comes by every 6-10 minutes. I used to take train to tukwilla station then get picked up by Uber or Lyft once train left would activate pickup process.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 11:55 pm

Programs: AS 75K
I always shop Uber/Lyft for a ride. The variation is quite large at times with neither one being consistently any better than the other. As for the offer - sure, I'll sign up and might use it but don't do a lot of ride sharing so probably won't get a ton of miles.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by mtofell
I always shop Uber/Lyft for a ride. The variation is quite large at times with neither one being consistently any better than the other. As for the offer - sure, I'll sign up and might use it but don't do a lot of ride sharing so probably won't get a ton of miles.
I figure that with AS / Lyft, I'll earn a free AS trip every 300 to 500 years. This is in contrast to DL / Lyft, where it will take at least 1000 years to earn a free trip. But hey, I'd hate to be 50 miles short in my account for a redemption at some point, so this could be priceless!
Old Nov 3, 2022, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I had a poor experience with Lyft customer service earlier this year, and promised myself to use Uber whenever possible... so much for that

-J.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I had a poor experience with Lyft customer service earlier this year, and promised myself to use Uber whenever possible... so much for that

-J.
Oh, one day UBER customer service will serve you equally as well as Lyft did, and you'll have to call it even.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Xrayman
Stopped taking Uber or Lyft from SeaTac garage pickup before pandemic because it took 20 -30 minutes for car to wind its way to the pickup level. Hopefully things have gotten better. Train comes by every 6-10 minutes. I used to take train to tukwilla station then get picked up by Uber or Lyft once train left would activate pickup process.
I pull up the app and request the ride as soon as I'm landside (i.e. before you cross the skybridges) and the ride usually shows up as soon as you make it to the ride share area.

Back on topic though -- does anyone actually spend enough in a year this way to generate an appreciable number of miles? At 1x miles per dollar, you'd have to spend $1-2k/yr. minimum (base ride fare, excluding tips, etc.) to get a thousand miles, which seems like absolute peanuts to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.