Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska + Lyft Partnership

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2022, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Polytonic
I pull up the app and request the ride as soon as I'm landside (i.e. before you cross the skybridges) and the ride usually shows up as soon as you make it to the ride share area.

Back on topic though -- does anyone actually spend enough in a year this way to generate an appreciable number of miles? At 1x miles per dollar, you'd have to spend $1-2k/yr. minimum (base ride fare, excluding tips, etc.) to get a thousand miles, which seems like absolute peanuts to me.
Oh it totally is peanuts. I always use whatever is cheaper, Uber or Lyft (or a yellow cab here in NY, checked via the CURB app). But now if work (or someone else) is paying for it, I will use Lyft over Uber every time as there's a little something extra in it for me (and especially now that Uber Rewards is gone, and I want AS miles more than I want Marriott points).

-J.
HungryNomad likes this.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Nov 3, 2022 at 12:08 pm
Old Nov 3, 2022, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Xrayman
Stopped taking Uber or Lyft from SeaTac garage pickup before pandemic because it took 20 -30 minutes for car to wind its way to the pickup level. Hopefully things have gotten better. Train comes by every 6-10 minutes. I used to take train to tukwilla station then get picked up by Uber or Lyft once train left would activate pickup process.
Ive been walking out to the airport light rail station and catching rideshare from there. Usually cheaper than pickups near the terminal.

It would have been nice if AS had a 2x multiplier for Lyft airport rides like DL does.
ab2013 and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
We live relatively close to SAN - typically $10 - $15 Lyft / Uber fare. For most of 2023, fares home from later arrivals (10 pm - 1 am) are now routinely $75 - $100. At this point, we do not even bother opening the apps, head straight for the taxi stand - $25 includes a generous tip.
TheBeerHunter likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 4:19 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Polytonic
Back on topic though -- does anyone actually spend enough in a year this way to generate an appreciable number of miles? At 1x miles per dollar, you'd have to spend $1-2k/yr. minimum (base ride fare, excluding tips, etc.) to get a thousand miles, which seems like absolute peanuts to me.
Yeah, considering I can get 2500 miles just for my bag showing up at the claim area late this doesn't move the needle much.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by mtofell
Yeah, considering I can get 2500 miles just for my bag showing up at the claim area late this doesn't move the needle much.
What it is good for (not applicable to us) is keeping the account active / open. I've got other programs where occasionally I need to get some sort of activity for such a purpose
jmw, econ and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
What it is good for (not applicable to us) is keeping the account active / open. I've got other programs where occasionally I need to get some sort of activity for such a purpose
No applicable to anyone, really, in this case given that AS miles no longer expire (they do apparently lock the account after two years for security reasons, but it can be unlocked by contacting customer service).

But yes, little trickles of points/miles in general are a good way to keep accounts alive.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 6:41 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Got email add about this topic. Pressed link and easily linked my Lyft account to my AS MP. Several hours later actually needed to use ride share and used Lyft instead of Uber. The miles showed up on my account next day. Albeit only 15 miles but is was nearly frictionless to set up and use.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Miles have been posting within a half hour or so after trip completion.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 2:47 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Miles have been posting within a half hour or so after trip completion.
Sometimes within minutes.

Old Jul 11, 2023, 10:38 am

Did anyone have trouble with linking the accounts? I had my Lyft set to earn with Delta but want to switch to Alaska, and for the life of me cannot link the accounts on any device or browser. Not sure what the matter is.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 6:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Nyurka
Did anyone have trouble with linking the accounts? I had my Lyft set to earn with Delta but want to switch to Alaska, and for the life of me cannot link the accounts on any device or browser. Not sure what the matter is.
I had no problem when it first rolled out. Are you starting the process with the webpage linked in the first post of this thread?
Old Jul 12, 2023, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by econ
I had no problem when it first rolled out. Are you starting the process with the webpage linked in the first post of this thread?
Yes, the authentication piece after providing Alaska credentials does not work and times out every time for me. I had no issues with registering Delta, Hilton Honors and Bilt on Lyft side.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Nyurka
Yes, the authentication piece after providing Alaska credentials does not work and times out every time for me.
Same here.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Same here.
Me too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.