Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wi-Fi to Hawaii?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2023, 11:51 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Does T-Mobile get entire flight Wifi or only 1hr? Does it only work on that phone or any device?
Old Aug 26, 2023, 3:21 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by RedPanda5
certain android phones allow you to share a wifi connection via hotspot, i carry an extra pixel 6a (work phone) so i can pay once and connect 2x laptops and 3x phones (myself and SO)

Super-cool... I didn't realize that was possible.

Originally Posted by italdesign
Does T-Mobile get entire flight Wifi or only 1hr? Does it only work on that phone or any device?
Whole flight pass.
Old Aug 26, 2023, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by italdesign
If your t-mobile plan includes unlimited gogo inflight, then it's for the entire flight.

-David
Old Aug 26, 2023, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
If your t-mobile plan includes unlimited gogo inflight, then it's for the entire flight.

-David
Are there plans that don't include it?

I have quite possibly the cheapest possible t-mobile plan (prepaid, $40/month) and it includes 4x full flight wifi and unlimited 1hr (1 per flight) wifi. It works on AA too, which it didn't used to when they only had the 1hr per flight thing. I fly a lot of short flights (PHX-LAX) so it's great because 1 hr covers the whole flight.

Even if I was with another carrier, it might be worthwhile to get a prepaid line just for this. Or if you have a friend with a t-mobile plan who doesn't fly, see if they are ok with you using theirs (you just need to enter the phone number; there's no validation done as far as I can tell)
Old Aug 27, 2023, 1:19 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Are there plans that don't include it?
IIRC, the very cheapest one or two don't get any. Then you get into the ones with 4/year and I think it's only the top tier that gets unlimited. I think this is a pretty recent change, though. In the past I'm pretty sure all plans had an unlimited # (ironically, when a full flight pass was $20+, now it's $8). I just sold my business that paid for all me and my family phones and just had to go open another account and am essentially paying out of pocket now so I went with a mid-tier plan. Quickly crunching the #s I just don't fly enough to justify the top tier. I can buy A LOT of $8 wifi passes for the extra price jump. As an aside, T-Mobile continues to be the best value in phones IMO. I have 5 phones (me, wife + 3 kids) and with auto-pay it's around $175/mo. There are limits on data but I think it's 100GB which I'll never need... and if my kids hit that it's time to put the phone down and get outside anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.