Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Crater Lake Hazelnut Espresso Vodka...It's Back!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crater Lake Hazelnut Espresso Vodka...It's Back!!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2022, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by HenryE1005
Quick update--the Crater Lake was available on my return flight from SAN to MRY on Skywest. The FA wasn't familiar with it, but agreed to check the galley...sure enough they had some. I enjoyed it. Btw, we were served PDB...seems to be hit and miss as this isn't always offered.
The FA does not know what she is missing. I want the Alaska Lounges to serve this amazing treat. No airline in the world offers it so its my exclusive drink! I am almost guaranteed doubles of it on my flight!
Buster CT1K and Intl359Widget like this.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I'm looking forward to a ton of AS travel in the next few weeks, and I used to love this stuff... but I think my tastes have changed and I don't know if I would want something so sweet. I'll be sure to try it again, but I have a feeling I will be sticking with Woodford It is amazing, perhaps even disappointing, how tastes change over time.

Of course this is completely Alaska Airlines' fault for not serving it and not exposing me to it. Thanks a lot!!!!!

-J.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 4:17 pm

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by danielonn
The FA does not know what she is missing. I want the Alaska Lounges to serve this amazing treat. No airline in the world offers it so its my exclusive drink! I am almost guaranteed doubles of it on my flight!
Our flight this weekend from SEA-AUS, we emptied the cart of the Crater Lake in the first three rows of Premium Class during the start of drink service. The FA's were astonished at how popular it was.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Will be taking the plunge for the first time tomorrow on BOI-PHX. Not usually a fan of sweet drinks but am open to a new experience.

Anyone dumped a bottle of it into a half cup of coffee?

Last edited by philemer; Oct 25, 2022 at 7:48 pm
Old Oct 25, 2022, 5:46 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by thatmikereed
Our flight this weekend from SEA-AUS, we emptied the cart of the Crater Lake in the first three rows of Premium Class during the start of drink service. The FA's were astonished at how popular it was.
It’s been almost two years since Alaska last offered it due to the pandemic. Most of the new hires aren’t as knowledgeable about the pre-Covid Alaska with the product offerings.

In fact most of them are astonished to learn about the prayer cards that used to be served with the meals.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by philemer
Will be taking the plunge for the first time tomorrow on BOI-PHX. Not usually a fan of sweet drinks but am open to a new experience.

Anyone dumped a bottle of it into a half cup of coffee?
Yes, and it's great. That also works if you add Bailey's Five Farms (or whatever they cater now) to the mix as well.

-J.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 9:30 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Yes, and it's great. That also works if you add Bailey's Five Farms (or whatever they cater now) to the mix as well.

-J.
Or Five Farms + Crater Lake + Ice, which is what I will be having on my next AS flight.
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by dayone
I'm not a fan but all reviews are welcome.
Had my first one today, on the rocks. Ok, but a little too sweet for me.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 10:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by philemer
Had my first one today, on the rocks. Ok, but a little too sweet for me.
Glad you got to experience it.

If you're a coffee drinker, it can be a nice addition. Was on AA last week... they have Armaretto (Or should, my eAAgle flight didn't have any)
philemer likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 11:36 pm

Programs: AS 100K
How dare y’all sully the sweet nectar of the gods that is Crater Lake Hazelnut Espresso Vodka with anything but ice
Old Dec 10, 2022, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Asked on recent Skywest SFO-PHX, and FA had no idea. "All I have is Tito's".

Oh well, went with Woodford instead.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 8:09 am

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Just getting on board with this thread. My routine first drink is a double five farms and coffee but will replace 1 five farms with the hazelnut vodka (if it’s available)
dgreen12 and beckoa like this.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by imaflyertalkuserwow
How dare y’all sully the sweet nectar of the gods that is Crater Lake Hazelnut Espresso Vodka with anything but ice
Same here! Its a special treat!
beckoa likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by imaflyertalkuserwow
Now now, I'll enjoy it with ice and fizzy water for a refreshing lower alcohol beverage.
beckoa likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I finally got to try this beverage.. yummy
beckoa and GW McLintock like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.