Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Crater Lake Hazelnut Espresso Vodka...It's Back!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crater Lake Hazelnut Espresso Vodka...It's Back!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2022, 7:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Talking Crater Lake Hazelnut Espresso Vodka...It's Back!!!

Found on AS47 and AS52 last night:

Thanks AS!
Old Sep 15, 2022, 3:40 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K (RIP VX), Hyatt Globalist, BonVoy Plat, National Exec
Thanks for the heads up! Will try it next flight.

Seems to be quite popular with AS FT'ers.

At 25% ABV (and 8.5g of sugar per mini bottle) it seems more of a liqueur than vodka.

Regardless, it is a good sign to see AS adding/reintroducing more options on board!

I do appreciate AS's attempt to represent the PNW with onboard offerings, such as in this case, a (sort of) made in Oregon product.

Cheers!
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 10:54 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Brilliant! I can finally stop complaining about the lack of it on board. Now, I fully expect the rest of you to not drink my share of the supply on my future flights.
mixmastermark likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 12:47 am

How do y'all usually take this? Any creative suggestions? I'm excited to try it on my next flight.
Intl359Widget and Seattle123 like this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 7:48 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by ezak
How do y'all usually take this? Any creative suggestions? I'm excited to try it on my next flight.
I usually drink those as a double on the rocks. It’s soooo good and I’m looking forward to having them again onboard my next AS flight this Saturday.
beckoa likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 9:16 am

Programs: AS100K, AS Lounge+, Marriott Plat, SBUXG, GE, Costco Exec, Amazon Prime, Nat Parks Yearly Pass
Crater Lake HE Vodka + Baileys (or the new Country Cream) on the rocks is quite tasty.
beckoa and dbruin like this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
I usually drink those as a double on the rocks. It’s soooo good and I’m looking forward to having them again onboard my next AS flight this Saturday.
One with ice and fizzy water makes a nice low alcohol coffee soda - better than anything Torani could ever accomplish!
Old Sep 16, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by the42ndstate
Crater Lake HE Vodka + Baileys (or the new Country Cream) on the rocks is quite tasty.
Also a very good combo in coffee! A FA introduced that to me.

James
be_rettSEA and cragAK like this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Also a very good combo in coffee! A FA introduced that to me.

James
How does that all fit? Or do you just cut back on the amount of coffee
Old Sep 16, 2022, 11:02 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
On the rocks with cream or if you're up for it, on the rocks with the Five Farms Irish cream.
beckoa likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
How does that all fit? Or do you just cut back on the amount of coffee
It cools down the coffee sufficiently to get to a second cup in short order. 😉 On more than one occasion the FA has put on a fresh pot of coffee not once, but twice for me when I was the only one drinking it. Ironically, I never drank a cup of coffee until I turned 50. On a very hot Barcelona summer day, I decided to try a barista made coffee poured over ice at a Dunkin's Coffee. I have been trying to catch up for 50 lost years ever since. lol

James
mixmastermark and pcoll like this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
It cools down the coffee sufficiently to get to a second cup in short order. 😉 On more than one occasion the FA has put on a fresh pot of coffee not once, but twice for me when I was the only one drinking it. Ironically, I never drank a cup of coffee until I turned 50. On a very hot Barcelona summer day, I decided to try a barista made coffee poured over ice at a Dunkin's Coffee. I have been trying to catch up for 50 lost years ever since. lol

James
I probably had my first iced coffee when my age was in the single digits. And then, an occasional weak Kahlua and cream was a childhood treat. On the other hand, I had my first wine when I was 8 days old
Crazy Dave likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I probably had my first iced coffee when my age was in the single digits. And then, an occasional weak Kahlua and cream was a childhood treat. On the other hand, I had my first wine when I was 8 days old
I am sure you were "whining" long before 8 days of age; that there wasn't Hazelnut Esspreso Vodka. Perhaps it should be served chilled, neat, in a frosted glass with Java nuts on the side. And for pure elegance, a twisty straw so as not to prematurely deaden the chill on the glass.

James
Old Sep 16, 2022, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
slightly OT, but Aviation gin reappeared on our PAE-SFO last week

while it’s a big step up from Tanqueray, I still miss the Sun Liquor “Hedge Trimmer”
Old Sep 16, 2022, 7:08 pm

Finally!! I usually do Baileys + espresso vodka in my coffee on AS. now give us back our ginger beer!
Intl359Widget likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.