Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Crater Lake Hazelnut Espresso Vodka...It's Back!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crater Lake Hazelnut Espresso Vodka...It's Back!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2022, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by rcarovano
Years ago, a flight attendant advised us to combine Bailey’s Irish Creme with Crater Lake and it is amazing! Will be having that when I fly a week from Saturday.
I remember ordering that on a flight shortly after the AS/VX merger with evidently ex-VX crew and the f/a gave me a really weird look when I ordered that.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 2:44 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by pWei
Scotch on recent flights was still Dewars. Hopefully that goes away soon as well.
Supply Chain issues but I’m hoping they disappear for good since I prefer Glenfarclas over that.
pWei and beckoa like this.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 7:59 am

Programs: AS 100K
If anyone is ever told they ran out, apologies. It was me. Double on the rocks is my go-to.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 10:10 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Has anyone topped the ice cream cup with the espresso vodka? That would be my alternative to Bailey's on top of the ice cream sundae.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by PTahCha
Has anyone topped the ice cream cup with the espresso vodka? That would be my alternative to Bailey's on top of the ice cream sundae.
when have you been offered an ice cream sundae on Alaska?
Old Oct 2, 2022, 11:01 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by ASA_1
They said cup, and they serve Salt n Straw on tcons.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
They said cup, and they serve Salt n Straw on tcons.
well they also said “that would be my alternative to baileys on top of the ice cream *sundae*.” Hence my question.

im aware of the salt and straw offering, and would agree that’s a cup of ice cream, not a sundae.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 12:14 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
well they also said “that would be my alternative to baileys on top of the ice cream *sundae*.” Hence my question.

im aware of the salt and straw offering, and would agree that’s a cup of ice cream, not a sundae.
but if added today, I think we can all agree the vodka would make it a Sunday Funday, no?
PTahCha likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 12:45 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb

Well, the way I would make it:
  • Ask FA for the vodka and an empty glass
  • Scoop ice cream into glass
  • Pour vodka over
  • [Optional] add any crumbled sweet items available from the snack basket
This makes it a makeshift sundae.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 10:38 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Well, the way I would make it:
  • Ask FA for the vodka and an empty glass
  • Scoop ice cream into glass
  • Pour vodka over
  • [Optional] add any crumbled sweet items available from the snack basket
This makes it a makeshift sundae.
We should create a “Hack the Alaska Airlines Menu” challenge and see what we can come up with and don’t forget to sprinkle crushed chocolate bits from the chocolate bar on top of the makeshift sundae.
PTahCha and beckoa like this.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 4:27 pm
Original Member

Well, here's my creation from last night's flight, with chocolate brownie Salt & Straw ice cream, added the vodka, with topping from crumbled soft Kind bar:

beckoa, CDKing, NoLaGent and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, AS
I’d never had this before, but thanks to FT’s recommendation, I ordered a double on the rocks last week. On the trip home, the FA suggested mixing with Irish cream. While Five Farms is excellent and every bit as good as Bailey’s, the Crater Lake needs no mixer. It stands on its own.

beckoa likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 6:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
Had this for the first time today. I enjoyed it and am looking forward to trying again next week.
beckoa likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 7:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Talking

This thread has made me smile!

Originally Posted by finlandia
Brilliant! I can finally stop complaining about the lack of it on board. Now, I fully expect the rest of you to not drink my share of the supply on my future flights.
Um yeah, best not have me on a flight then...

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
One with ice and fizzy water makes a nice low alcohol coffee soda - better than anything Torani could ever accomplish!
Espresso vodka, seltzer and cream is tasty too ^

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
It’s infused with regular espresso, so yes.
Never realized that, makes sense. I just thought it was tasty.

Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
According to this thread on Reddit, catering changes are afoot, with the return of PDBs as well. 🤞
Cool. Haven't seen yet. Well, I did on LAX-XNA a few weeks back on AA - was nice.

Originally Posted by ual744777sta
I'm having it now. It's smooth and great.
Outstanding. I am enjoying some now on as I type on the rocks.

Originally Posted by anteater
anteater tried this on today’s flight and it’s very.. sweet. anteater much prefers the Woodford Reserve. 🤙🏻🥃
Great, more for me Glad you got to try, and WR is a solid offering as well.

Originally Posted by imaflyertalkuserwow
If anyone is ever told they ran out, apologies. It was me. Double on the rocks is my go-to.
Don't forget to ask about the "other cart" in the back

2007-2010? Used to be on t-cons and select Hawaii flights. Made a mess with baileys once.

Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
We should create a “Hack the Alaska Airlines Menu” challenge and see what we can come up with and don’t forget to sprinkle crushed chocolate bits from the chocolate bar on top of the makeshift sundae.
This does deserve its own thread!

Thanks everyone!
Old Oct 17, 2022, 1:33 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, Alaska Air MVP Gold
Disappointed on my MRY-SAN flight. Flight attendant indicated that the Crater Lake vodka wasn't available....she seemed to not even know what it is...she said likely only available on mainline flights. I doubt this and will attempt to enjoy Crater Lake on my return flight later this week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.